Thread: UK Dice Masters Nationals

We sure would love to know more about UK Nats... it sure flew under the radar here with Worlds coming so quickly. What can you tell us?

Many of us are very interested in the builds that were in the top 8. Any chance you could list them?

Thansk

So 4 of us traveled over from the same Shop in Ireland to play for the weekend. On the Friday they had a win a gravity feed D&D draft witch Paddy won. They also had a dc /marvel draft witch Bod and my self were the last two undefeated in the last round so we drew and split the prize of a full set of avx super rare's. So we were of to a good start winning every thing on the first day.
    So for the Nats Jim came up with the core of the team and we all worked on refining it Paddy Jim and myself (Sean) played the same team to the last dice. Bod played some thing along a modified high hopes deck. Were we played nova h.r, hulk j.g. Green goddy black widow ice man t.c.f.w. Venom millennium puzzle professor X.
    The Nats was best of 3 Swiss cut to top 8 witch was best of 3 this was great best of 3 is the only was to go.
    In the Swiss Paddy and my self went undefeated in to the last round were we drew and were seeded first and second so we could only play each other in the finals this was great. Bod was paired against paddy in the second last round and picked up a loss and need a win in the last round. Jim all pick up a loss in that round too. So the presser was on both of the went down the first game but won the next 2 to make top 8.
    So the top 8 was made up of the 4 Irish's guy trying to steal the UK Nats and the 4 other try to keep it. Paddy and Rob won there matches I was paired against Jim this was good and bad as one of us was in the semi and one was out. I won this one a very hard match. So we now had 3 of us in the top 4 Paddy was paired against Bod again I was paired against the last local. This match I felt the most presser if I lost the top prize was not coming home with us I went down the first game the came back to take the next 2. Down to the last 2 me and one of my best friends (we doth own and fund the same game shop in Ireland Black Kat Games) so who ever win we were happy we split the prizes and played for the invite I lost but my friend is now the champ.
    I can also go into what we played against there was loads of super rare Constantine I played against him every match that was not again one of our players.

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    Thank you so much for this recap!

Thanks, I was trying to remember what I played against. All just a blur now!

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    @KalSeanEl , I presume polymorph and magic missile were BACs?

@KalSeanEl I couldn't quite tell from your recap, who was the actual U.K. champion? Paddy or Bod? And what is their actual name? I'm trying to update the TRP Wiki as much as I can:

http://www.thereservepool.com/showwi...ay&redirect=no

Quote Originally Posted by KalSeanEl View Post
    Down to the last 2 me and one of my best friends (we doth own and fund the same game shop in Ireland Black Kat Games) so who ever win we were happy we split the prizes and played for the invite I lost but my friend is now the champ.
    I can also go into what we played against there was loads of super rare Constantine I played against him every match that was not again one of our players.
    I think this means Paddy won.

EDIT: Oh i see what you mean... yeah, I think Paddy was the winner, as they were running the same Deck, but I can't be certain.

My understanding is Paddy McDonagh won. And Sean Shortis was 2nd.