Thread: Cyclops If Looks Could Kill

He does his attack stat in damage, like a really strong power bolt, to each of your opponent's characters when he is assigned to attack. Then if anything is left alive your opponent can declare blockers.

Cyclops would trigger your opponent's when damaged abilities, and he is still an attacker.

Hulk or Nova would trigger, yes. And after Cyclops deals his damage, the attack steps proceeds as it otherwise would have if his ability had not happened, including him still attacking.

Let's play out a sample attack step with Cyclops involved. Let's say you have Cyclops - ILCK fielded on level 2 which has 5 attack. Your opponent has two sidekicks, a level 3 Nova - The Human Rocket (7 defense) and a level 1 Iron Man (5 defense).

a.) You enter your attack step and declare you are attacking with Cyclops.
    b.) Cyclops deals 5 damage to each of the two Sidekicks, Nova and Iron Man. The sidekicks and Iron man are both KO'd. Nova is left at 2 health and his ability triggers and deals 2 damage to you.
    c.) With Cyclops and Nova's abilities resolved, your opponent can now declare blockers and assign Nova to block Cyclops if he wishes (and if Nova blocks Cyclops, he would deal another 2 damage to you for taking damage a second time).

The when damaged abilities trigger each time the character takes damage during the attack step, so you could even have a scenario such as:

During the declare attackers step, Cyclops attacks, deals damage to Nova. Nova pings his opponent for 2.
    During the declare blockers step, Nova blocks Cyclops.
    During the actions/abilities step, Nova is pinged for 1 damage with Magic Missle's global. He deals another 2 to his opponent.
    At the end of the attack step when damage is assigned, Nova takes combat damage from Cyclops. He deals yet another 2 damage to his opponent.

If I play and use , will I deal overcrush damage each time Cyclops deals damage to a character before blockers are declared?

Quote Originally Posted by Razorback View Post
    If I play and use , will I deal overcrush damage each time Cyclops deals damage to a character before blockers are declared?
    He will have the +3A making him deal 7, 8, or 9 damage to each opposing character. I don't think you'll have many blockers left :-P

Overcrush only applies to his combat damage after being blocked, so it wouldn't affect this ability at all.

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    He will have the +3A making him deal 7, 8, or 9 damage to each opposing character. I don't think you'll have many blockers left :-P

Overcrush only applies to his combat damage after being blocked, so it wouldn't affect this ability at all.
    So Overcrush Anger Issues only triggers with a blocker? I've definitely been playing that wrong!
    Last edited by Razorback; 08-11-2015 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Clarification

So Overcrush only triggers with a blocker? I've definitely been playing that wrong!
    Overcrush only applies to combat damage.

The way I have been playing Anger Issues is to assign it to a character, even though unblocked, and giving that character +3A. The Overcrush is irrelevant since the character is not blocked but the +3A remains. Am I playing it right or not.

The way I have been playing Anger Issues is to assign it to a character, even though unblocked, and giving that character +3A. The Overcrush is irrelevant since the character is not blocked but the +3A remains. Am I playing it right or not.
    It seems so, yes.

If you play Anger Issues on a character (during the Main Step, let's say), you will increase his Attack value (at that given time) by 3. This is a static an applied effect, which means it can be swapped with Transfer Power or Ant-Man's Global. You will also give him the ability of Overcrush.

If no one blocks him, he will deal his entire attack value (including the +3) to your opponent, and then go to the Used Pile.

If he is blocked, he will deal his entire attack value (including the +3) to his blocker(s). If the total attack value exceeds the total defense of the blockers, they will all be KO'd and the remainder will go to your opponent. Your character will return to the field (unless the blockers combined attack exceeded your character's defense, in which case he is KO'd and goes to Prep).

This is a really good card to play on Cyclops, since it increases his attack so much that more than likely all potential blockers will be KO'd. Any that are remaining will have very little health left, and Cyclops can easily overwhelm them and deal the remaining (high) damage to your opponent.
    Last edited by pk2317; 08-11-2015 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    This is a static effect, which means it can be swapped with Transfer Power or Ant-Man's Global.

I keep making this same mistake with the wording - Static cannot be swapped, applied can

Static effects (while ___ is active, while ___ is attacking) continue to apply to the stat they reference.
    Applied effects (one time boosts from Global Abilities etc) are applied, then can be swapped onto the new stat.

Quote Originally Posted by IgwanaRob View Post
    I keep making this same mistake with the wording - Static cannot be swapped, applied can
    Right - fixed original post. Thanks!