Thread: How do you "Befriend" someone?

I think this is it.

http://www.thereservepool.com/profile.php?do=buddylist

*edit 2* maybe they need to add you as well to be friends.
    *edit* hmm, that might just be your mail contacts list.

If you click the Friends button in your profile you'll find a link to "Edit Your Friends List." Click it and it goes to the buddylist thing. Even with someone added to that list they apparently do not count as a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalFirefly View Post
    I think this is it.

http://www.thereservepool.com/profile.php?do=buddylist

*edit 2* maybe they need to add you as well to be friends.
    *edit* hmm, that might just be your mail contacts list.
    Yeah, it looks like they might've disabled it temporarily while doing something or other.

Quote Originally Posted by Crestfallen View Post
    If you click the Friends button in your profile you'll find a link to "Edit Your Friends List." Click it and it goes to the buddylist thing. Even with someone added to that list they apparently do not count as a friend.
    Just did that, and... same result as previous poster, just a different path. Thanks though.

There are actually instructions for befriending in the FAQ:

The easiest way is to view the profile page of the person you want to become friends with and click the 'Befriend' link.

The other way is to add the person to your contacts first. Then from your 'Contacts and Friends' page ask to be their friend by checking the box next to their name labelled 'Friend'. Next, save the page.
    Neither of these options appear to exist in reality.

In vBulletin, a contact is a one way relationship and a friend is a two way relationship. I am unaware of any practical difference, functionality-wise, within vBulletin other than in the profile visibility options and we don't use those much. For that reason, and to avoid unnecessary drama (he unfriended me! or he never friended me!) we have disabled the friends request features.

Let me know if you do have a use for the friends feature and we can consider turning that on. I should really update the FAQ after this discussion is done...

Thanks, @Ken . That makes sense and is probably a useful way to avoid the tension that friending/unfriending can cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    In vBulletin, a contact is a one way relationship and a friend is a two way relationship. I am unaware of any practical difference, functionality-wise, within vBulletin other than in the profile visibility options and we don't use those much. For that reason, and to avoid unnecessary drama (he unfriended me! or he never friended me!) we have disabled the friends request features.

Let me know if you do have a use for the friends feature and we can consider turning that on. I should really update the FAQ after this discussion is done...
    Totally understandable, I was just curious because I love tinkering with websites and whatnot and I was going crazy trying to figure it out!