Thread: New card images for DC War of Light

New card images for DC War of Light

From the Dice Tower twitter feed:

https://instagram.com/p/3en1Jav__O/

Super Rare
    Star Fire
    4 bolt
    Teen Titan
    When Starfire attacks, deal 1 damage to the defending player for each other active Teen Titan.

Super Rare
    Wonder Woman
    Princess Diana of Earth
    5 Shield
    While Wonder Woman is active, you may redirect X damage from each source from you to her, where X is the number of in your Reserve Pool (ignoring )

Rare
    The Flash
    Believe In The Impossible
    4 Fist
    If you have an active Lantern, when The Flash attacks, target opposing character die cannot block this turn.
    Last edited by pishposh; 06-03-2015 at 03:04 PM.

I'm glad they put the clarifying text on Wonder Woman, so we don't have to refer to the ruling on Ghost Rider.

Also, I'm curious what the four dice in the middle are, since they seem to correlate to the different Lanterns, but not necessarily specific characters.

Also, Big Entrance Basic Action Card:

When purchased, you may add this die to your dice bag. When used, dice purchased this turn cost 1 less than their printed cost (minimum 1), and may be put directly into your dice bag instead of your Used Pile (no matter how many Big Entrance dice are used.)

Nice, looking forward to this set more and more as they show more of the cards.

For the dice, the top 1 is a pretty non-descript blue lantern but it's not Kyle, Warth, or The Flash - my money is on Krona with a slim chance its Hal since the bottom die's stats don't match his stats in Justice League. The second die is probably Indigo-1. The third is a star sapphire, probably Jillian. If not for the stats being wrong I'd say the bottom die is Hal returning with his old die, honestly no clue but I hope it's Hal so we don't have the weird instance of having 2 dice with the same symbol and face up fielding cost and stats (1/4/2) belonging to different cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum View Post
    For the dice, the top 1 is a pretty non-descript blue lantern but it's not Kyle, Warth, or The Flash - my money is on Krona with a slim chance its Hal since the bottom die's stats don't match his stats in Justice League. The second die is probably Indigo-1. The third is a star sapphire, probably Jillian. If not for the stats being wrong I'd say the bottom die is Hal returning with his old die, honestly no clue but I hope it's Hal so we don't have the weird instance of having 2 dice with the same symbol and face up fielding cost and stats (1/4/2) belonging to different cards.
    Has that ever happened before?

For the blue and sapphire dice I'd guess St. Walker and Carol Ferris.

Willing to bet those aren't actual dice. I'm betting they decided to just put lantern corps symbols on he dice to show off the theme fo the set, without spoiling specific dice.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    Willing to bet those aren't actual dice. I'm betting they decided to just put lantern corps symbols on he dice to show off the theme fo the set, without spoiling specific dice.
    The Green Lantern die is visible in the WoL starter set spoiler (along with Batman and Kyle Ryder). The changed numbers are strange though, other repeated dice use the same stats (Batman, Flash, Wonder Woman), so same as between AvX and UXM (except that Batman colors look identical).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150605_100314.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	4.67 MB 
ID:	1014

Spoiled from the live stream.
    Last edited by Randy; 06-05-2015 at 09:09 AM. Reason: typo

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    2 drop! No text though. Let's hope the stats warrant no text.

They don't. 0/2/2 1/I-forget-the-stats and 2/3/4

Lvl 3 looks to have a fielding cost of 2 to me. Attack 3?

I imagine a better image might be screencap-able when that segment shows up in the twitch archive.

EDIT: ninja'd by scum.

Yea. Jimmy said on the stream that 2 cost for a 3/4 shows his orange lantern greed

Blog Entries
    Bummer. Still, nice to have a spoiler and more avoidance of power creep. As much as we may harp on how useless that card may be in constructed, no one has any idea how draft will be for the set...

A 2 cost character is exactly what my villain team needs. I'm using four cost Black Manta: Deep Sea Deviant with Retaliation so the two cost Black Manta: David is not available to me.

Stoked!

Deleted
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150605_105736.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	5.89 MB 
ID:	1018  
    Last edited by Randy; 06-05-2015 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Ken beat me to it

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Yes and no...
    Better than some?