Thread: Age of Ultron "SR Set"??

Yeah, that's interesting indeed.

Going by current market price of the 4 SRs for Justice League would be about $140. Although selling SRs as a set doesn't make them Super Rare anymore, so prices would drop to whatever WizKids sets the set price at. Maybe they charge $10-$15 each? So weird.

Maybe the TMNT set being non-collectible will be a test for potential for going away from a collectible dice game to a living dice game. Just a thought.

I'll ask my FLGS tonight if they can order me one, good eye.

I'm e-mailing my local gaming store and a mass market online discount store. This is so bizarre, I'm so glad I randomly looked through the Facebook group for the first time in... ever being in it, haha.

If anyone else finds out anything, please post it here ASAP!

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalFirefly View Post
    Yeah, that's interesting indeed.

Going by current market price of the 4 SRs for Justice League would be about $140. Although selling SRs as a set doesn't make them Super Rare anymore, so prices would drop to whatever WizKids sets the set price at. Maybe they charge $10-$15 each? So weird.

Maybe the TMNT set being non-collectible will be a test for potential for going away from a collectible dice game to a living dice game. Just a thought.

Wait, has it been confirmed flat rarity for TMNT?

Also, I am REALLY, REALLY hoping that they're something different than the main set, or whatever it comes down to, basically, to not devalue the SRs/chases in the set.
    Last edited by SlapsterMcFlash; 06-04-2015 at 06:11 PM.

I talked to Jimmy at WK. yes, tmnt is just bought as a set. Not collectible. No, you will not be able to just straight up buy AoU super rares. That's an error.

You know what would be awesome? A set like this for the AvX Super-Rares. Get some of those overpowered cards into the hands of more people, at least until they retire them.

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    You know what would be awesome? A set like this for the AvX Super-Rares. Get some of those overpowered cards into the hands of more people, at least until they retire them.
    Wouldn't really be fair to people who put effort and/or money into procuring them; it would take out the collectible aspect of the game.

I know I'd personally dislike any steps in that direction. The game is what it is.

As someone with a Tsarina and a Gobby, I wouldn't care if the prices came down.

I think it would please the community as a whole to have a variety of options going forward with the sets. Having just started the game, I must say I'm a massive fan of the collectible model. While it is harder to obtain cards, it's a massively awesome feeling when trading a needed card for another persons needed card at my LGS. It's just as much of a rush scrounging up a few dollars to buy some boosters and pulling an SR or even just a rare! I can see why people like the LCG model though; give everyone access to the cards and let the players get straight into play testing and finding their favourite cards.

I personally prefer the CCG model, but don't mind having awesome IP introductions such as TMNT come in the form of more LCG type formats.

Quote Originally Posted by SlapsterMcFlash View Post
    Wouldn't really be fair to people who put effort and/or money into procuring them; it would take out the collectible aspect of the game.

I know I'd personally dislike any steps in that direction. The game is what it is.
    If it means saving money on future sets, I'm 100% fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by RJRETRO View Post
    If it means saving money on future sets, I'm 100% fine with it.
    I'm all for saving some cash as well, RJ. However, I'd still like a combination of standalone/collectible going forward. I'm happy to spend whatever money I've invested into a hobby regardless. It's really fun busting packs! I think part of the appeal is lost in a world where I rock up to my LGS and say "I only need 3 more cards for my Marvel collection" only to have everybody look at me strangely and respond with "Err, owLy, everyone has the exact same collection. What on earth are you on about?". It's just super satisfying for me to fill gaps in my folder!

Early days yet anyway! It's just fun to discuss things; that's the whole point of the forum itself

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    I love this game. And while the self contained TMNT idea initially had me skeptical, and this idea had me really raising an eyebrow, I think I've settled my opinion a little.

This game is great, and Wiz Kids is trying to make it better, more accessible, and increase the player base. I don't know how these things will work out (or if we'll actually see a SR box), but this is the same kind of thinking that earned the game the Vanguard Award, and it's this kind of thinking and willingness to try something that will continue to make this game great.

Despite my initial hesitation, these things are good for the game, even if some of us don't jump in with both feet.

In the end, I don't see how these ideas take anything away - they're only adding potential.

As long as some sets are draftable I don't see an issue with buying big-box full games either. I just wouldn't want to lose out on draft completely.

Quote Originally Posted by SlapsterMcFlash View Post
    From someone in the same thread I found the picture in on Facebook:

I had my local comic store guy call his Alliance rep and inquire about the SR set. He was told by the distributor that it will be something sent out here and there to stores, sort of like variant covers on comics. Cross your fingers and hope your store gets one, then hope you get your hands on it!
    I'd be okay with that. I could see our local store making those available for bigger events/special occasions as prizes.

I think we're all overlooking the release date of AOU is now July 15th.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalFirefly View Post
    I think we're all overlooking the release date of AOU is now July 15th.
    Oh, since I always assume when I'm given a Wizkids release date, until it's been pushed back two weeks at least once within the month or two before it was originally supposed to come out, I didn't believe that date. I mean, it's not exactly about belief, more practicality, in that just that every single HeroClix set since I started playing has been pushed back at least two weeks, so it's easier for planning purposes and being realistic about things.

At this point, I don't even mind, as I factor at least two more weeks into any original date that I see. I figure there's probably some reason for it on Wizkids' side that I don't get, and everything does end up being released, usually two weeks after the original date exactly, so everything is the same in the end in terms of the yearly cycle of releases, it's just two weeks later usually than what Wizkids originally says, which, for all intents and purposes, works out exactly the same.

Again, since I know there's been concern about negativity towards Wizkids, I'm not bemoaning them, just stating what I've noticed and how I've implemented that knowledge into my life for practical purposes.