Thread: 60 Minutes to Escape

60 Minutes to Escape

My wife and I will be joining some friends tonight to test our skills in Portland's 60 Minutes to Escape. A group of eight people go into a room and have to discover clues, solve the mystery, and escape before time runs out. I've never done anything like this, but it sounds like fun.

Have you seen the movie "Cube"...

@pishposh , please let me know what it's like (spoiler-free), I've been thinking about going but haven't yet.

Quote Originally Posted by pishposh View Post
    My wife and I will be joining some friends tonight to test our skills in Portland's 60 Minutes to Escape. A group of eight people go into a room and have to discover clues, solve the mystery, and escape before time runs out. I've never done anything like this, but it sounds like fun.
    I have done two of these before. One had quite low production values, and was not great. However, the second had brilliant production values (ClueQuest in London for any UK folk interested) and was a fantastic time. Even the couple of folk who were a bit wary at the start really loved it and can't wait to go back.

This was a lot of fun. The building is a little run down, but it kind of fits the Secret Agent theme and setting. The puzzles were challenging but fun. Occasionally we would get a hint to help us keep moving forward. Working together, the group I was with managed to solve the mystery and escape the room with 8 minutes left.

If they ever change the scenario, I'd make sure to give it a go.

I heard there is another escape the room in Portland. That one has two scenarios, American Revolution and Kidnapped. I'll have to check them out some day.

There's one in my city. We need to check it out - sounds so much fun.