Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 38

Thread: What I have seen at worlds on the stream that makes me happy

  1. #1

    What I have seen at worlds on the stream that makes me happy

    I also might be posting this in the wrong section so sorry if I did.

    I am just trying to start a discussion on what people have heard or seen at nationals that they think is Cool.

    For me it is the Highlight of a Dragon team. Someone brought dragons and won, making it into semi's Not sure how it did today, but I hope it went well.

    I think seeing more variety in the teams at this point. More than ever before, a lot of inclusion of D&D cards.
    Red Dragon
    Kobolds
    Prismatic Spray

    I have also seen lots of Hellblazer, but to be honestly it is the only card I have seen from DC, of course at nationals we mostly saw just Polymorph from D&D so maybe next major event will show some inclusion of DC.

    Also the spoilers for Trinity war seem AMAZING and COMMON.


    Also want to say the couple of things I did not like.
    Yugioh Serial check (last time I will mention it)

    Not seeing Dave play. I wanted to see Dave play, just sayin.
    Big respect to @Dave .
    Also when we can I would like to know of your Judo team. RJ told us the name.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapedaveb View Post
    I have also seen lots of Hellblazer, but to be honestly it is the only card I have seen from DC, of course at nationals we mostly saw just Polymorph from D&D so maybe next major event will show some inclusion of DC.
    There's not a lot but here's some other Justice League cards used:

    Craig H
    Lantern Power Ring: Energy Projection

    Shawn B
    Blue Beatle: Jaime Reyes
    Firestorm: Jason and Ronnie
    Red Tornado: Lab Creation

    Michael L
    Constantine: Hellblazer

    Trubie T
    Black Canary: Canary Cry
    Constantine: Hellblazer
    BAC Anger Issues

    Brandon M
    Constantine: Hellblazer
    Cheetah: Cursed Archaeologist
    Black Mantra: Deep Sea Deviant
    The Joker: Clown Prince of Crime
    Solomon Grundy: Buried on a Sunday

    Matthew T
    Constantine: Hellblazer
    Firestorm: Jason and Ronnie
    Red Tornado: Lab Creation

    Jacob M
    Constantine: Hellblazer

    Andrew M
    Green Lantern:Willpower

    Philip C
    Constantine: Hellblazer

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapedaveb View Post
    Also want to say the couple of things I did not like.
    Yugioh Serial check (last time I will mention it)

    I'm still relatively new to Dice Masters, but are you saying that all the dice for a Yu-Gi-Oh expansion card have to match serial number with the card? Like, if I'm using more than one die on the rare Summoned Skull, all the dice have to be from the rare version of the card?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaladin View Post
    I'm still relatively new to Dice Masters, but are you saying that all the dice for a Yu-Gi-Oh expansion card have to match serial number with the card? Like, if I'm using more than one die on the rare Summoned Skull, all the dice have to be from the rare version of the card?
    As seen in a previous post today...

    Page 22 from the Yu-Gi-Oh! Rules book...

    "Serial Numbers
    Each Monster and Action die has a serial number on one side; this number matches the serial number on the first die face in the lower left-hand corner of the monster die data card. At least one of the dice used with any monster die data card must have a serial number that matches the monster die data card.
    For example, Jimmy wants to use a 071 - Baby Dragon, Cute but Dangerous monster on his team. Jimmy owns one 071 - Baby Dragon, Cute but Dangerous, two 009 - Baby Dragon, Juvenile Reptile , and one 041 - Baby Dragon, Soft Scales. He can now play up to four dice with his 071 - Baby Dragon, Cute but Dangerous because it has a max of 4 AND he has at least one 071 - Baby Dragon, Cute but Dangerous die to use with it. If, for some reason, Jimmy had a 071 - Baby Dragon, Cute but Dangerous card but not the corresponding die, he would not be able to use 071 - Baby Dragon, Cute but Dangerous on his team."

  5. #5
    Yea, we've seen lots of variety so far, and I love it! But let's not jump the shark. I think we need to wait until we see the teams for top 16, and more specifically top 8, to see what works and what doesn't. So let's hold off on saying "look at all of these competitive teams!" and see what advances when it counts.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    Yea, we've seen lots of variety so far, and I love it! But let's not jump the shark. I think we need to wait until we see the teams for top 16, and more specifically top 8, to see what works and what doesn't. So let's hold off on saying "look at all of these competitive teams!" and see what advances when it counts.
    Completely disagree. They were cutting to top 16 and doing single elimination for prizes both of these days. Whatever people shift to they were bringing things that were solid.

    More than anything in this tournament your draw and your ability to pilot what you brought trumped many of the specifics of what you brought (in addition to good rolls, which can always be fickle).

  7. #7
    I'd want to see more of these builds before I comment on what I think of the meta. As of right now my gut is telling me not much has changed aside from a few ideas.

  8. #8
    @fun4willis thank you for reposting, sorry you had to do it twice. I will shut up about that now.
    @Randy and @Scum , IMHO the meta has changed, just from what I have seen so far, the meta changes slightly with each Video, and Live stream of this game. People see the popular and then either include it or improve it. But seriously in this game the meta changes ever two months. I think partly because we see revisits of old cards, inclusion of new ones from new sets, and comfort with the second to newest set. I see a lot more D&D this tourney, and yes they could all come with old reliables Gobby & Tsarina, Wolverine, but as we heard from some of the top 16, these guys are not the be all, end all they once where. I think it is funny but with the inclusion of Constantine I have seen a lot of Jinzo, actually working effectively where he wasn't at nationals. I think the meta changes with the comfort behind the sets. I know that sounds weird but when people get more familiar with sets and mechanics they make it into the meta because they can use it well.

    From the cards we have seen from the Up coming sets AOU and WOL (war of light, is that a thing yet). I feel the meta is going to change way more than it did in DC or D&D. We are just seeing a big change again.

    But I have always said the game is 50% your team and 50% you and how well those two work together. But this time we are seeing more successful diversity than we have in the past during just the semi-finals. Is this going to be the core Meta, No idea.

    However this thread was supposed to be about what we saw that we liked. I do not think I will ever be in the top 8 or 16 of worlds, so I am no expert, but I was so happy seeing a Dragon team piloted well and winning. To me that was the highlight so far, it's not meta it was just different. I saw a working end condition not from AVX, in a national level tournament! That makes me so happy. That was creative to me.
    That was epic, to me. I did a post back when I started blabbing like an idiot on this forum (thank you all for having me) about being frustrated with all the end conditions coming from AVX, but just that team and that win instilled so much excitement in me that I'm just stupid over it. Is it meta, sure because it worked for someone else. Is it tier 1? I do not know, but what makes a tier 1 anyways.

    Thanks

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    More than anything in this tournament your draw and your ability to pilot what you brought trumped many of the specifics of what you brought (in addition to good rolls, which can always be fickle).
    To wit, one of our Columbus players qualified for Worlds yesterday while playing a team where six of the characters were drawn at random from his binder, going 3-2, which easily could have been 4-1 except he was legitimately just screwing around in the first game and making suboptimal purchases.

  10. #10

  11. #11
    Hi, it is I, the dragon guy lol. Im glad my run with dragon was hyping some folks n the community. Hopefully ppl caught some of my stream matches n found them exciting with the blue, green, red dragons coming out and breathing away all the tsarinas lol. N hopefully breaking top 8 with dragons will show some ppl that the meta doesn't have to be stagnant. Sure there r some cards that can do much better than others, but if u work at a team long enough, u could certainly get a reasonable win rate without playing the same 20 cards.

  12. #12
    @zeon20 HEY!!!! Super glad to see you on the site. Would love to correspond with you some more about game play. Please hit me up!!!

  13. #13
    2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion
    360

    Location
    Akron, OH
    Blog Entries
    2
    @zeon20 took me by surprise... Loved playing the match and trying to fight through though.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by zeon20 View Post
    Hi, it is I, the dragon guy lol. Im glad my run with dragon was hyping some folks n the community. Hopefully ppl caught some of my stream matches n found them exciting with the blue, green, red dragons coming out and breathing away all the tsarinas lol. N hopefully breaking top 8 with dragons will show some ppl that the meta doesn't have to be stagnant. Sure there r some cards that can do much better than others, but if u work at a team long enough, u could certainly get a reasonable win rate without playing the same 20 cards.
    Loved the team, looked like fun. It won in a similar way to how a Green Goliath might win, but without any Green Goliath. Well played!

  15. #15

  16. #16

  17. #17

  18. #18
    Thanks! We'll have to play on Hangouts or Vassal sometime and just talk.

  19. #19

  20. #20
    The builds at worlds were all awesome, unique and fun to play against. I never felt like I had to face the same challenge twice and the pilots themselves were all great as well. I will be writing up a blog at some point here giving my experience there. Had an amazing time, made some great new friends and loved every minute of it!

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by IsaacBV View Post
    The builds at worlds were all awesome, unique and fun to play against. I never felt like I had to face the same challenge twice and the pilots themselves were all great as well. I will be writing up a blog at some point here giving my experience there. Had an amazing time, made some great new friends and loved every minute of it!
    Definitely there were. Off the top of my head Wolvie rush, control, johnny swarm, x men bomb were some of the teams I faced during the championship tournament so the variety was definitely there. There was a villain team that I kept hearing about throughout the days that I wished I had played against. Villains vs. Dragonswarm would've been fun

  22. #22
    Out of curiosity, was their a player and/or build that others thought probably should have done better than they did... maybe because of bad rolls or something?

  23. #23
    I expected better performances from Hulk based control builds in general, but it aggressive builds performed better in general.

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by SarkhanMad View Post
    Out of curiosity, was their a player and/or build that others thought probably should have done better than they did... maybe because of bad rolls or something?
    Along these lines, I expected to see more Lord of D/Ring teams just locking down opponents. I didn't see anyone going for this combo early on during the stream. I think I speak for most of the TRP team when I say I was surprised this combo didn't have a bigger impact at Worlds.

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    Along these lines, I expected to see more Lord of D/Ring teams just locking down opponents. I didn't see anyone going for this combo early on during the stream. I think I speak for most of the TRP team when I say I was surprised this combo didn't have a bigger impact at Worlds.
    I think a reason for that is that the combo required devotion of two slots on a team for relatively slow combo that only slows the opponent down. Based on how the two qualifier tournaments went, I think most ppl including myself just found we needed that extra team slot space for flexibility in dealing with a variety of things since it didn't seem like there was one team that was dominating the rest.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •