Thread: Spidermaxx helped me out, but I'm pretty happy how this playmat turned out

Spidermaxx helped me out, but I'm pretty happy how this playmat turned out

I obviously took the inspiration from one his pre-made playmats, and literally just changed the font and placement of the words to work around the card/dice outlines, but I'm still happy with it. His version doesn't have the 8 cards/2BACs/2 color indicator and dice outlines, and I really dig the minimalist thing, but I like having the dice lineup next to each card, and the main outline is still obvious. I guess I could've changed the colors of the outlines of the card/dice, but I didn't wanna make that a part of the mat.

So, @spidermaxx sent me the blank .psd template of just the card/dice outlines, which I used along with setting up a guideline layer to use just one card outline for the bottom 8, and one for the top 2, and then copy/pasted each one, flipping of course for the other side, setting it up so that it was more spread out both horizontally and vertically, to leave more of the WU "W" fielded.

When I sent to inkedplaymats, I paid the $15 extra since I'm not amazing, to ask them to smooth out the gold line around the WU "W", if they could; if not, I asked them just to refund.

Anyway, the only thing I wish is that I'd made level zones for fielding, but it wouldn't have worked on this minimalist style, especially not within the confines of the WU "W."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WUTANGCLANwithCardsDiceGNP.png 
Views:	75 
Size:	22.90 MB 
ID:	1029

I'm only thinking maybe I could add a line like "PROTECT 'YA NECK" with "PROTECT" between the 2 cards on top and bottom on the mid left, and "'YA NECK" on the same place but on the left side, in the card gap. I just don't know if that would be too much - I'm the kind of person that always keeps adding to a good picture until it's awful. I'd use some sort of graffiti-ish font... not graffiti exactly, but something less refined, certainly.

Using anything with "CASH RULES EVERYTHING AROUND ME C.R.E.A.M." would just be too cliché.

Strange, I just listened to 36 Chambers before the Worlds stream went up. That album still holds up amazingly well. You could have labeled the different zones with Wu references like have the field be called "clan in da front", the attack zone be "bring da ruckus", KO could be "Crushed Egos", not sure about the reserve.
    Last edited by RJRETRO; 06-06-2015 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Removed the obvious language that should not be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum View Post
    Strange, I just listened to 36 Chambers before the Worlds stream went up. That album still holds up amazingly well. You could have labeled the different zones with Wu references like have the field be called "clan in da front", the attack zone be "bring da ruckus", KO could be "Crushed Egos", not sure about the reserve.
    I actually did think a little bit about that

but can you imagine all of the people that wouldn't get it and either be confused and/or kinda annoyed even and might even call a judge to make me play with something "regulation" so I don't try and confuse them or something

people are capable of amazing trifles

And the Reserve would just be "On Deck" "on tha mic" or something like that

and lmao your labels would definitely get my mat banned from most venues, not that I don't dig it

maybe I could have prep be like, "On Deck" or something... actually, that might be the best place for C.R.E.A.M.

... no, Prep would be "Welcome to the 36 Chambers"
    Last edited by RJRETRO; 06-06-2015 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Removing obvious language.

Quote Originally Posted by SlapsterMcFlash View Post
    lmao your labels would definitely get my mat banned from most venues, not that I don't dig it
    Those labels I deleted could get people banned from most forums.

Let's try to avoid using certain language that isn't family friendly, folks.

That being said, mat looks pretty cool.