Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: Article: Dice Masters Worlds Champion

  1. #1

  2. #2
    Thanks for posting this! Saved me the time of hunting it down

  3. #3
    @Bigred92 or @Randy ...Are you able to modify the post so it is in two lines? I would find it easier to read.

  4. #4

  5. #5
    Gobby was the MVP of that final round. Patrick's dream came true. Mystic Box is a world champion.

  6. #6
    Yeah as soon as I saw MB I knew Pat would be bouncing off the walls.

  7. #7
    I'm not usually one to say I told you so... but I called it!

  8. #8
    It's tough to really say how I feel about this. I suppose the best part about this list is the fact that I can cash in on all my copies of rare Grundy.

    Congratulations to the champ for taking victory with this, I'm very happy to see that dice masters has much more ebb and flow than other games, even on the world stage. Normally you would see the same boring and stagnant teams at a big tcg/ccg event, but that's not the case with dice masters. I hope we can carry this aspect of the game forward and I really look forward to seeing what else people can come up with.

  9. #9

  10. #10

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by kemelok View Post
    So question here the combo I see with Grundy - so if you use blue eyes global on your own Grundy, it will work and you get 2 energy reduction plus knocking out an opponent character die. That's a nice little combo.
    If valid, know how many times he got to use it?
    It's absolutely valid.

  12. #12

  13. #13

  14. #14

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by xxDAYMANxx View Post
    im curious to know if he had a polymorph global war all weekend with that storm global
    That is in no small part what it was there for (also Millennium Puzzle and Overcrush actions as the big hitters) but it actually didn't factor in too much. I can probably count on one hand the number of times it happened.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by alleyviper View Post
    That is in no small part what it was there for (also Millennium Puzzle and Overcrush actions as the big hitters) but it actually didn't factor in too much. I can probably count on one hand the number of times it happened.
    Is there any chance that a judge gave any input on Storm's global and what it can or can't do to Polymorph? Like, if my opponent tries to Poly in their heavy hitter, can Storm change the target to a sidekick? Because the rules forum told us that her ability could choose an otherwise illegal target as the new target? I have assumed it could, but the Rules Forum has yet to comment.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    Is there any chance that a judge gave any input on Storm's global and what it can or can't do to Polymorph? Like, if my opponent tries to Poly in their heavy hitter, can Storm change the target to a sidekick? Because the rules forum told us that her ability could choose an otherwise illegal target as the new target? I have assumed it could, but the Rules Forum has yet to comment.
    This did come up in my game with Norvic and Storm can only redirect what Poly is targeting in the field. Whatever ultimately is targeted in the field, the owner of the Poly then chooses what comes out of the used pile within the legal parameters of the card (so, no sidekicks). Also, you can redirect Poly with Storm to a character in the field that has no legal character in the used pile to swap in, and the effect will simply fizzle.

  18. #18

  19. #19

  20. #20
    Grundy versus puzzle argument could be a good article now.

  21. #21

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by alleyviper View Post
    This did come up in my game with Norvic and Storm can only redirect what Poly is targeting in the field. Whatever ultimately is targeted in the field, the owner of the Poly then chooses what comes out of the used pile within the legal parameters of the card (so, no sidekicks). Also, you can redirect Poly with Storm to a character in the field that has no legal character in the used pile to swap in, and the effect will simply fizzle.
    What's an example of a non-legal character that would cause polymorph to fizzle?

  23. #23
    I believe the following is an example. I hope someone will confirm.

    I have 1 Hulk in the field and a Gobby in my used pile. My opponent attempts to use Polymorph to move Hulk out and Gobby in (opponents logic is to avoid the fielding effect that Gobby provides, not to mention getting Hulk the heck outta there!)

    I then use the Storm Global to pay a mask and switch the targeted die, Hulk, to one of my opponents fielded characters. However, my opponent does not have any characters in their used pile to switch. The effect then fissiles.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •