Thread: Vassal Draft Module Version 1.0

Vassal Draft Module Version 1.0

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to drop a link here to the new Vassal Draft Module. @simage has been hard at work for the last two weeks putting this module together for you. I am sure that we will continue to refine the module going forward into something we all can enjoy.

The module supports up to Six (6) players in drafting mode. IT does not have the player playmats, so you will need to Draft in this module, then return to the main Dice Masters Module to play the games. Currently to simulate the 'opening of packs' there are two piles of cards, one pile for the Common cards found in every booster, and a pile for the UC/R/SR cards. *PLEASE NOTE that we have chosen not to simulate a CC booster pack at this time* We will continue to refine process.

Currently, there are two windows in the module. The main draw area, which has two said piles, and a place to put the cards to pass them to the next player. This window also contains the 'Dice Pit', into which you will place your drawn dice for your cards The second window is your player hand window, which is not visible to other players, this is the window in which you will draw your cards into.

Lastly, I would like to thank Simage for putting this together for us. Thank you.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooot!!!!

RJ and I got a sneak peek at this in testing, boy did it look sharp. If you guys see me in the Vassal lobby, or online in general hit me up, I will probably say yes to a draft ANYTIME.

Quote Originally Posted by Wargfn View Post
    Currently to simulate the 'opening of packs' there are two piles of cards, one pile for the Common cards found in every booster, and a pile for the UC/R/SR cards. *PLEASE NOTE that we have chosen not to simulate a CC booster pack at this time* We will continue to refine process.
    Why two piles?

And what is "a CC booster pack"?

I imagine it is a pack with 2 commons in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Diabolik View Post
    I imagine it is a pack with 2 commons in it.
    Ah! D'uh! Now you've said that, it's obvious that's what it means!

Glad everyone likes it so far. I see a few tweaks that I will need to make on the next update, but want to wait for it to be used and see if anything more gets flushed out.

so we only "open" the first 6 packs and build rainbow from those... then pass cards around, then repeat for second pile...?

That means we will only see half of the rainbow when drafting first pile of 12...

could you put a card box for each player on main window for players to stack 1 of their piles? So you would draw 12, place in player map, pull dice, and then set those 12 cards aside in main window. then draw 12 more, place in player window, pull dice, and start drafting those?

would need an additional "cover card"
    Last edited by SarkhanMad; 06-07-2015 at 01:18 PM.

Just wanted to post on this thread, that the Vassal Draft Module has been Updated. This was outside of my planned updates; however, I have added both Yu-Gi-Oh and Age of Ultron sets to the draft module. Current Module Version is 1.3.

@Wargfn and @simage . Bad news. The new draft module doesn't have AoU dice in it! No hurry, we found a work around, and I know Wargfn is on vacation, but just wanted to let you guys know.

For everyone else, the work around is to use both modules, draft and Dice Masters, and build your rainbow in the Dicemastesr one (just make a locked room after everyone joins). Then conduct your draft as normal. The upside, everyone already has their dice picked out for them after the draft is over.

Okay that also means no dice for YU-GI-OH as well. I did bring my dev sandbox with me. So if I get bored with drinking mimosas I will fix this; Just not tonight or tomorrow. Not 100% sure @simage will beat me to fixing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wargfn View Post
    Okay that also means no dice for YU-GI-OH as well. I did bring my dev sandbox with me. So if I get bored with drinking mimosas I will fix this; Just not tonight or tomorrow. Not 100% sure @simage will beat me to fixing this.
    Enjoy your mimosas, this can wait

Vassal Site isnt allowing .vmod updates again. It might be a few days before they get it fixed so pick up the Updated 1.4 Draft module here. As soon as Vassal's Website is updated, I will push the file out there.

Vassal Site issues resolved. Draft Module 1.4 posted to Vassal, now has Dark Magician Girl Die and Age of Ultron dice for those people what want to see dice while drafting. Draft and Dice all in one place. Module Here

Dice Masters Draft Module has been updated with Release Edition Card Scans. Module is now version 1.5.

Vassal Draft Module has been updated to include War of Light Cards. Enjoy.