Thread: Punisher - McRook

Punisher - McRook

I had this situation come up at my LGS AvX draft today. Let's say that my opponent has 1 sidekick dice and nothing else on his field. Let's say that I have 2 x Punisher McRook dice on my side of the field and nothing else.

When I declare attackers, do my two Punisher dice resolve at the same time? Would it work like situation A: Both Punishers attack at once, therefore I only get the "when attacking" effect of one of the punisher dice, whilst the other misses out. Or would it play like situation B: Attackers resolve one by one. So that one Punisher resolves first, and my opponent pays two life to prevent it. Then my other Punisher dice gets to do its thing to the same sidekick dice, and my opponent pays another two life to prevent it once more.

The store owner ruled in favor of option B, but I wasn't so sure. Thoughts guys?

It's option B.

'When attacks' abilities always trigger per attacking die.

And, once triggered, abilities always resolve as fully as possible.

Note, however, if a targeted ability has no target when it resolves it just fizzles.

So, if, in your example, your opponent had allowed the SK to be KO'd, in the first instance, then the second instance of the McRook ability would simply fizzle.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    It's option B.

'When attacks' abilities always trigger per attacking die.

And, once triggered, abilities always resolve as fully as possible.

Note, however, if a targeted ability has no target when it resolves it just fizzles.

So, if, in your example, your opponent had allowed the SK to be KO'd, in the first instance, then the second instance of the McRook ability would simply fizzle.

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification dude