Thread: Article: Lots of Worlds Teams from the Stream

Michael L.'s Dragoned To The Face team was a lot of fun to watch on stream.

Thanks for typing all this up!
    I know it's not exhaustive - just what was streamed - but of these 18 teams:

The top ten characters were:
    Constantine - Hellblazer 11
    Black Widow - Tsarina 10
    Jinzo - Trap Destroyer 9
    Blue-Eyes White Dragon - Monstrous Dragon 7
    Millenium Puzzle - The Eternal Dungeon 7
    Hulk - Green Goliath 6
    Professor X - Trainer 6
    Spider-Man - Webslinger 6
    Wolverine - Formerly Weapon Ten 6
    Human Paladin - Lesser Emerald Enclave 5
    (Professor X - Recruiting Young Mutants 5)

And only ten action cards were used:
    Polymorph 12
    Resurrection 8
    Magic Missile 3
    Relentless 3
    Anger Issues 2
    Distraction 2
    Invuneralbility 2
    Transfer Power 2
    Imprisoned 1
    Mystic Box 1

I wonder if this team is therefore viable:
    Constantine - Hellblazer
    Black Widow - Tsarina
    Jinzo - Trap Destroyer
    Blue-Eyes White Dragon - Monstrous Dragon
    Millenium Puzzle - The Eternal Dungeon
    Hulk - Green Goliath
    Professor X - Trainer
    Spider-Man - Webslinger
    --
    Polymorph
    Resurrection

Dave and I were talking about how Widow can hurt - the defensive Polymorph becomes an issue.

I agree, but I also want to say I see a giant change in the meta coming. I think faster small characters becoming more reliant and possible replacements of the Hulk when AOU comes out.

It's evolving. What was the Dragon team but a different form of GG Smash? A little pricier but it works all the same. Breath weapon = pinging GG, then swing for a lot because Dragons are beastly. I think we're seeing a solid evolution - a HEALTHY evolution - and I'm very enthused by that.

One fun fact I notice immediately on a first browse through these teams is that we have a single DC card, Constantine, that is the most used, but then beyond that there are only four teams that each include a different DC card, with no repetition occurring between any other teams.

The following cards were each used on different teams, and only occurred once each:
    - Black Canary
    - Solomon Grundy
    - Cheetah: Cursed Archaeologist
    - Firestorm Jason and Ronnie

There is a nice variety of cards from all the other sets though. I'm not making any judgements about the DC set based on that, but it is interesting to see. It looks like AoU may have a much bigger effect on the meta.

1) The energy cost of buying or fielding in DC probably feels "off" to some.

2) Remember that other than BACs there wasn't a lot of D&D at Nats, and that was about a month or two after the D&D release also. People need time to digest these sets. Look at how much more YGO and D&D was at this one than last.

3) Black Manta will be seen as villains further develop. No question. It's not there yet, but unless we only get super expensive villains from here on, we'll get there.

4) Constantine was spoiled early and people were testing with him long before the rest of the set was available. Jimmy from WK wrote a big article pumping him up for WK. I mean, YES he is that good, but also YES, people knew him better as far as constructed goes than most other individual DC card.

@Dave I agree it is about comfort. Also we see a lot more of DC here compared to d&d at nats. I think the reason AOU will have quicker effect on the meta is more spoilers and I think they are ramping simple power in the set.

AOU looks to be a high impact set, yes. We're getting a lot of toys that should be big.

Quote Originally Posted by jigsawhc View Post
    Michael L.'s Dragoned To The Face team was a lot of fun to watch on stream.
    Not sure about naming my team that lol but its funny that there was a game on stream where I rolled a bunch of energy n I told my opponent , "normally I would just buy a single dragon n resurrect for efficiency, but since I'm on stream let's buy all my dragons n give the stream a fun show " lol so I'm glad u enjoyed my run while it lasted

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    AOU looks to be a high impact set, yes. We're getting a lot of toys that should be big.
    I'm not really sold on that yet. There is some stuff I want to play with for sure but there is also some serious dead weight in there. I haven't really had a chance to sit down and fully absorb it but there hasn't been much that really has wowed me on the first glance or two.

Quote Originally Posted by zeon20 View Post
    Not sure about naming my team that lol but its funny that there was a game on stream where I rolled a bunch of energy n I told my opponent , "normally I would just buy a single dragon n resurrect for efficiency, but since I'm on stream let's buy all my dragons n give the stream a fun show " lol so I'm glad u enjoyed my run while it lasted
    lol, someone in one of the other threads called it that and I thought it was fitting

Quote Originally Posted by jigsawhc View Post
    lol, someone in one of the other threads called it that and I thought it was fitting
    Yea, I saw lol. Now that school is almost over for me and I have some time off work, I'm gonna be working on a blog post with this team and I think I'll officially name it dragonswarm (credits to Mr. Shawn Ely for coming up with the name). Covers the dragons, covers the swarm aspect, and more importantly covers my favorite combo with this team which is Red dragon on the field, use transfer power action dice to grab blue and green dragon from used to potentially field for both for free to finish with breath weapon 6 with all my dragons muahaha