Thread: Brewing: Prison

Brewing: Prison

Hey everyone!

Got a chance to play with Captain Cold - Leonard Wynters today and was wondering if there were enough cards to put a prison/control deck together (because I'm a horrible person and don't want my opponent to be able to do stuff!)

Other cards that immediately came to mind:
    Harley Quinn - Dr. Harleen Quinzel Decent early buy to power out...
    The Joker - Clown Prince of Crime
    Deadman - Possessive Talents
    Lex Luthor - Power Suit

Them maybe the ubiquitous Psylocke - Assassin, PXG, etc..

Jinzo also seems decent but I only have Marvel/DC cards so there may be other Yugioh/D&D cards that I don't know about.

Basically trying to stop/restrict the opponent from fielding, attacking, using actions, using globals..etc

Thoughts? (sorry tried to put card images in but didn't work in preview)

Here's my prison team:

http://dicemastersdb.com/team-builde...3074-1;1409-1;

The bulk of the team locks the opponent down, and once Harley has done her job she can be used for some initial damage and as a mask source, or even sacrificed to the monsterous dragon that you then send through a dimension door to beat face.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    Here's my prison team:

http://dicemastersdb.com/team-builde...3074-1;1409-1;

The bulk of the team locks the opponent down, and once Harley has done her job she can be used for some initial damage and as a mask source, or even sacrificed to the monsterous dragon that you then send through a dimension door to beat face.

This is the kind of card that I want to sit out while I am playing, and see when/how often I would wish I had it...

Quote Originally Posted by SarkhanMad View Post

This is the kind of card that I want to sit out while I am playing, and see when/how often I would wish I had it...
    It works really well against aggro teams.

wording: "pulls a die" NOT "draws a die" , so it doesn't work with opponents character in used and empty bag... correct?

plus, these both disrupt PXG...

I'm pretty certain "pull" is the same as "draw".

No love for Cerebro - Supercomputer? Card is basically Trinisphere for one character on your opponents' team, and is a cheap source for masks.

Quote Originally Posted by ELC1847 View Post
    No love for Cerebro - Supercomputer? Card is basically Trinisphere for one character on your opponents' team, and is a cheap source for masks.
    True, slipped my mind. Would be a good addition.
    Probably try out Imprisoned and Distraction as well

Also I wanted to confirm that Captain Cold's ability doesn't stack, correct?

So 2 x Captain Cold in the field doesn't force the opponent to pay 2 energy per attack

That's correct, "while active" effects like Captain Cold's do not stack.

I'm surprised no one'd brought up Imprisoned before you. It's pretty much death to any low-cost team and is the perfect finale to a "prison" themed team.

I am going to give this team a decent try - between all the "can't field/attack" effects and making fielding costs higher it should slow opponents down enough to get a commanding board position...could add in a big finisher character as well

To summarise:
    Step 1: Prison
    Step 2: ?????
    Step 3: Profit!!