Thread: Generic Engergy

Generic Engergy

A couple question about generic energy.

1. If I have 2 generic energy, can I buy a 2 cost card with it or do I also need an energy matching the type of card it is?
    2. Can the 2 generic energy be split? Says I have 2 generic energy, 1 shield and 1 mask. Can split the generic energy and buy a 2 cost mask, and 2 cost shield character?

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalFirefly View Post
    A couple question about generic energy.

1. If I have 2 generic energy, can I buy a 2 cost card with it or do I also need an energy matching the type of card it is?
    2. Can the 2 generic energy be split? Says I have 2 generic energy, 1 shield and 1 mask. Can split the generic energy and buy a 2 cost mask, and 2 cost shield character?
    1. You can buy a 2 cost card if it has no energy type in the cost. So, a 2 cost Basic Action can be purchased with 2 Generic energy.

2. You can split the generic energy up if you spend it at the same time. So, if you purchased both dice at once (the 2 cost and 2 cost ), that's totes ok.

You need at least one matching energy of the type of character you are buying. 2 generic will not get you a Black Widow because there is no energy included.

Generic energy can't be split but it can be used to make different purchases/field/use different abilities if spent all at once. For instance, if I have 2 generic energy on an action die plus a energy in my reserve pool:

I can purchase a Black Widow and field a character with a 1 fielding cost simultaneously (paying the + one generic for Widow and the other generic for the character.
    I can't, say, field the character with one generic energy, pass priority to my opponent to see what they may do with any energy in their reserve pool, then when I have priority again, purchase Black Widow for one and the other generic. In this instance, both generic energy were burned on the fielding of the character.

Ok thanks. That's what I though for both.