Thread: Yugioh... So Weird & Bizarre, but Suprisingly A Lot of Fun

Yugioh... So Weird & Bizarre, but Suprisingly A Lot of Fun

I bought a Yugioh starter and ten or so boosters when it first released. I know nothing about Yugioh, so I was a little hesitant. When I opened it up, I thought it looked TERRIBLE. Art was awful. The characters were so strange and weird. I am no a fan of Japanese style magna. I'm probably a bit older than the average Dice Masters player, so I did not grow up with Pokemon, Dragon Ball, Yugioh and the like. I've never played CCGs, let alone Yugioh. So I found YGO Dicemasters off putting to say the least.

I set it all aside and ignored it. My local game scene is focused on Marvel and DC, with a little bit of DnD thrown in.

But reading reports from Worlds at origins, I decided to pull my stuff back out and give it another look. I found I really liked some of the Basic Action Cards. Some of them were exactly what I had been wishing existed for some of my superhero teams.

Then I started looking at characters... er, monsters. The artwork was still bad, the names were very strange. It made no sense to me. Injection Fairy Lily... what is that? And why does it make my skin crawl?

But the stats looked interesting. The abilities I liked.

So I put a team together and played two games with it against a retaliation Justice League team. I won both games.

I still don't care about Yugioh. I am not going to read the comics, watch the cartoon, or play the card game. But I will play some more YGO Dicemasters.

Does anyone know where I can find the Yugioh card index so I can post my team with pics of the cards?

Quote Originally Posted by Razorback View Post
    My local game scene is focused on Marvel and DC, with a little bit of DnD thrown in.
    Gryfalias Aerie???

I agree about the art...I was excited for the set but the card art turned me right off.

I don't think that anyone will like the art compared to D&D or the hero sets, but the cards themselves are extremely powerful in a mixed environment...