Thread: Article: The Prep Area Podcast 03: Economy Worlds Team, AiA and Little Cup

Article: The Prep Area Podcast 03: Economy Worlds Team, AiA and Little Cup

The linked little cup super sidekicks team has johnny storm in it instead of Aquaman. The podcast listed Aquaman. Not sure if the change was intentional, just letting you know.

I don't think we switched it out! Good catch! Can you fix that, @Shadowmeld ? I won't be home for a while.

Fantansic podcast, I really enjoy reading and listening about how to create solid teams on a budget. It's definatly possiable in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by RJRETRO View Post
    I don't think we switched it out! Good catch! Can you fix that, @Shadowmeld ? I won't be home for a while.
    fixed, thanks for the heads up. I was doing a few iterations, must not have saved the last one.

I think the link to Super Sidekicks (Little Cup) is wrong. It has rares and uncommons listed.

YOU HAD ONE JOB.

Well, two jobs. The co-hosting thing is pretty important.

Question about adjwctives and Nouns

When a card references a Monster does that also means Villian? Is it synonymous with Character?

Help me understand the what's what.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrannan1 View Post
    When a card references a Monster does that also means Villian? Is it synonymous with Character?

Help me understand the what's what.
    Monsters in D&D is more of character type affiliation, and is not the same as a villain.

http://wes.mfv.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4586

@Shadowmeld and @RJRETRO .

Re: final Justice League team challenge.

My favourite three characters are Constantine, Zatanna, and Swamp Thing.

Now, building a team around Constantine, or Zatanna?

No problem!

But, Swamp Thing?

Oh, what did they do to you Swamp Thing!?

So, please help.

I need a Swamp Thing team!

And if happens to also have the other mentioned two, well, that would be great!

@RJRETRO @Shadowmeld
    after having looked at the cards from a little cup perspective, I began to wonder if a "medium cup" might make for a more diverse meta. I realize that GG, HT, Storm, Lord of D-Ring, are all uncommon, but are there enough "other" quality uncommons to still make this a better format than commons only?

Have you guys considered it?

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    @Shadowmeld and @RJRETRO .

My favourite three characters are Constantine, Zatanna, and Swamp Thing.

Now, building a team around Constantine, or Zatanna?

No problem!

But, Swamp Thing?

So, please help.

And if happens to also have the other mentioned two, well, that would be great!
    Oh, man! Great suggestion! I also would like to see a team with the Swamp Thing. I'll pitch the idea to Shadowmeld and see what he can do!

Quote Originally Posted by SarkhanMad View Post
    @RJRETRO @Shadowmeld
    after having looked at the cards from a little cup perspective, I began to wonder if a "medium cup" might make for a more diverse meta. I realize that GG, HT, Storm, Lord of D-Ring, are all uncommon, but are there enough "other" quality uncommons to still make this a better format than commons only?

We have! Little Cup is special, because it really restricts which cards you have access to. A common+uncommon is something I've thought about, but I'm not sure how feasible it is. At that point, Why not just use constructed?

Not shooting it dead, just saying it's not in the immediate plans. Now an "Uncommon" tier by itself? That could be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by SarkhanMad View Post
    @RJRETRO @Shadowmeld

Our FLGS runs what they term a Prince Format tournaments. This included Commons and Uncommons and restricts Rares, Super Rares, Promos, and Promo Basic Actions.

Quote Originally Posted by RJRETRO View Post

We have! Little Cup is special, because it really restricts which cards you have access to. A common+uncommon is something I've thought about, but I'm not sure how feasible it is. At that point, Why not just use constructed?

Not shooting it dead, just saying it's not in the immediate plans. Now an "Uncommon" tier by itself? That could be fun.
    all uncommon was what I was referring to... sorry didn't make that clear...

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    But, Swamp Thing?

So, please help.

Challenge Accepted

Consider swapping Human Paladin for Dr Strange: Master of the Mystic Arts to do min 8 damage every time you fire off the beholder's ability. More apologies will be necessary.

The paladin is needed to allow you to swing for lethal un- distractioned. Also, doing incidental damage, like Dr. Strange breaks imprisoned. That is entirely counter to the point here.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    The paladin is needed to allow you to swing for lethal un- distractioned. Also, doing incidental damage, like Dr. Strange breaks imprisoned. That is entirely counter to the point here.
    Yep. I relistened to the podcast on the way to work and realized that. It could be a fun final blow, bringing out 8+ if you had whittled them down enough, but Human Paladin sets you up for a nice final blow as well AND protects you from Relentless and Transfer Power.