Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vassal Online AvX Draft

Vassal Online AvX Draft

Looking to organize a Vassal Draft now that the module is up and running. Was talking about running a Yu Gi Oh draft to pair with my article series, but the YGO draft decks aren't assembled yet.

Decided to go with AvX because I haven't ever drafted it.

If you can be available tomorrow evening after 9 eastern, post your name here. If you can make it sooner than that, also post here, we will form mods of 6 based on first come first serve. If you have any questions, here is a good place to ask them as well.

You can DL the Vassal Module for Dice Masters Draft here.

See you 9 pm Eastern on the 9th.

I should be able to make it much sooner than that. My schedule's a little hazy, but sometime around the middle of the day PST.

That's a late start, but I might be in for the first-half.

RJ, just let us know what time. If people show up before that, start a draft with out me. I chose that time because I am most likely to free at that time, but I would rather the draft happen than you guys wait on me.

I'm in. probably as early as 5 or 6 EST...

maybe @simage can have ygo ready by then???

and if not, anyone could make a ygo draft set by deleting all the cards in one of the existing sets(draw 1,000 cards and then delete them), and then adding the correct number of each ygo card to the draw piles. or AvX is fine too...

Quote Originally Posted by SarkhanMad View Post
    I'm in. probably as early as 5 or 6 EST...
    Hahaha, there is NO way I am going to be awake at that time. I'm going to bed the moment I get home from work. Thank goodness for coffee this morning.

How late did you guys stay on last night?

I was in bed by midnight, but I also work at 4am. (Didn't fall asleep until after 1am.)

But look for a big vassal mod update. At need a few beta testers here soon. I will try to be on the draft tonight

I'm available whenever we get something up and going

I'm in the Dice Masters Draft Lobby when you guys are ready.
    Download the Dice Masters Draft Module for Vassal, boot it up and choose online play, just like normal for Vassal.

Fantastic Time! Thanks again to everyone I played! Learned a TON just by playing these guys!! Here is the team I was able to draft...It was interesting with this being my first time playing with AvX characters! Johnny Storm was my man of the match! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AVXdraft1matt.png 
Views:	52 
Size:	825.7 KB 
ID:	1086

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Draft AvX 1.png 
Views:	53 
Size:	606.0 KB 
ID:	1090
    Here is my team. Poor performance from them. I should do some more prep before I randomly decide to draft AvX and have no idea what the Draft scene looks like.

Decided to go with Nightcrawler (Rare), Black Widow, Fury, Doc Oc (rare), Silver Surfer Global, Rogue, Spider Bomb and McRook.

Relentless and Anger Issues

Here are my picks:

Name:	vassal draft picks.png 
Views:	58 
Size:	235.4 KB 
ID:	1087
    Here is the Team I made:

Name:	vassal draft team.png 
Views:	62 
Size:	303.0 KB 
ID:	1089
    BAC:
    Magic Missle
    Polymorph

went 1-3 but had a blast! wish I would have drafted some cheaper characters.
    the module works great...

This draft was a blast! After a bit of a learning curve on the drafting system, I was able to grab myself a pretty handy set of characters to play with and swept my games 3-0, though I never had the chance to face @KingMatticus for ultimate bragging rights.

Name:	Dice Masters DraftMap.png 
Views:	59 
Size:	657.0 KB 
ID:	1088

From that I made a bolt focused team with Human Torch, Green Goblin, and Nova as a base. Phoenix allowed me some removal and I brought Hawkeye to bear for some cheap damage and I never purchased anyone else after Kreature flopped on me. I also brought Magic Missile and Pick Your Battles for BAC's in case my opponent didn't have the bolt characters to block me and to take advantage of my bolt energy.

Human Torch was easily my MVP after I managed to grab him first from both my sets of packs. Alongside Green Goblin, he made for a very high pressure character that allowed me to manipulate the field as I wished. Surprisingly enough, Nova was also instrumental in my victories. Whenever I managed to field him, he allowed me to prep a lot of energy with both Magic Missile and Human Torch pings, and I happened to field him on his level 3 face in every one of my matches. If you're out there Matticus, I want to claim my final victory

Went 2-2 in Swiss (I'll post my team later) but my team was built around Patch, Hawkeye, Gambit and Black Widow. Had such a blast, I cannot wait to do this again.

I have a feeling this will be a regular occurrence, so hopefully we can get a few more on Vassal.

@Necromanticer I had to leave on a high note, went 2-1 (with help from @Shadowmeld and @RJRETRO ) plus I had to get up within the next 5 hours from when I stopped. Again it was awesome to have the chance to play and learn from you guys. I felt like I was playing against a Podcast though...that was neat. I will say that @SarkhanMad ran me over with Hulk-GG and Patch! Nice pulls! Need to get a DC draft next time!

Had to miss this, kinda sucks. I've been busy the past couple days and haven't had much time to actually do much of anything. Would anyone be interested in drafting once a week or so?

Quote Originally Posted by KingMatticus View Post
    @Necromanticer I had to leave on a high note, went 2-1 (with help from @Shadowmeld and @RJRETRO ) plus I had to get up within the next 5 hours from when I stopped. Again it was awesome to have the chance to play and learn from you guys. I felt like I was playing against a Podcast though...that was neat. I will say that @SarkhanMad ran me over with Hulk-GG and Patch! Nice pulls! Need to get a DC draft next time!
    We definitely need to have you play Necro, though! Winner takes all! Very important that we crown a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum View Post
    Had to miss this, kinda sucks. I've been busy the past couple days and haven't had much time to actually do much of anything. Would anyone be interested in drafting once a week or so?
    I assure you we will be doing more Vassal. More drafting, more tournaments. Tonight was a test.

What time do you guys do these at and how long do they take? I'd love to do one, but I don't have a ton of time at night.