Thread: Doc Oc losing a blocker

Doc Oc losing a blocker

Had this come up yesterday and we feel we got it right but I wanted to check with others.

My opponent has Doc Oc and uses Thrown Car on him. Then he uses the Goblin global on one of my sidekicks because i only have 8 life and the remaining damage will kill me. But I can't block with multiple characters because that will just do even more damage since Doc Oc does full damage rather than splitting.

Or can I?

My opponent also has BEWD so I pair up another die (with 4 defense) with the sidekick to block Doc Oc and use a to activate the BEWD global to knock out my blocking sidekick.

So I ended up taking 5 damage instead of 8 and survived one last hopeless turn. Did we get it right?

Well, for starters, Doc Ock WAS blocked by more than one character. To me, that means the damage wouldn't be split.

That's just my two cents. I've been way wrong before.

To avoid this debate, use Blue-eyes in response to him making you sidekick block. You always get a chance to global before he attacks, you should make the play then, and there are no issues.

With that said, there is a great area with this interaction, precedence would imply that you would take 13, but there is also no direct ruling on what happens when you remove a second blocker from in front of Slim, doc oc.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    To avoid this debate, use Blue-eyes in response to him making you sidekick block. You always get a chance to global before he attacks, you should make the play then, and there are no issues.
    True. I didn't realize the impending doom until after the main was over. So I was forced to go this route. We were playing casual, but trying to practice adhering to the flow of a turn. It's too easy to play and say "oh wait, let me go back and do this and this." We were trying to be real hard on not going back.

I also think this needs a specific ruling, but my feeling, based on what rulings there are, is that Doc Oc would deal the additional damage because there was an additional blocker.

I agree. Once a blocker is declared, it is considered blocking, no matter what happens from that point on. As such, even though the sidekick is knocked out before damage is assigned, it's still blocking the good doctor until the attack step ends.

But there's no character for him to hit, and he didn't knock it out during the step where damage is dealt. Overcrush is in the rules as when this character knocks out all blockers. I know it's Thrown Car, but hasn't it been determined that it's same difference?

Quote Originally Posted by dmrulesteam
    Quote Originally Posted by tischel181
    What happens if an attacker with overcrush attacks, is blocked and the blocker is removed from the attack zone, field or koed in the global phase.
    Does the attacking character deals all his/ her full damage to my opponent?

Same questions with Doc Octopus - Fully armed, cause the wording is different.
    If an attacker with Overcrush attacks and the blocker is removed or KO’d (by a Global Ability or action for example) and has no other blockers, all damage would be dealt to the opponent’s life.

The same can be said for Doctor Octopus – Fully Armed. If his blocker(s) is/are removed, Doc Ock would deal all damage to the opponent’s life.

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
    http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/vie...ercrush#p10702

hey! you found it. awesome! good to know. so next time i should pay attention and BEWD the sidekick before the attack phase...