Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Cannot use actions clarification

  1. #1

    Cannot use actions clarification

    When a card says "cannot use actions" (ie Prof X Powerful Telepath). I've been reading that as action dice (like Batarang, Vibranium Shield etc). Does that include basic actions as well?


  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalFirefly View Post
    When a card says "cannot use actions" (ie Prof X Powerful Telepath). I've been reading that as action dice (like Batarang, Vibranium Shield etc). Does that include basic actions as well?

    I'm pretty sure this includes Basic Actions, as well as Regular Action Dice (like Batarang or Mjolnir). Also, no Globals... which is totes saucy.

  3. #3
    As far as I know it means any die that is considered an Action Die. So basic actions, non-basic actions (batarang), but also Spells and Gear from DND.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by ONEone78 View Post
    As far as I know it means any die that is considered an Action Die. So basic actions, non-basic actions (batarang), but also Spells and Gear from DND.
    Good call on that one ONEone78. I forget about Spells and Gear... until my opponent is braining me with a Magic Sword after Spraying all of the abilities from my cards.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by ONEone78 View Post
    As far as I know it means any die that is considered an Action Die. So basic actions, non-basic actions (batarang), but also Spells and Gear from DND.
    Argh, this is one of the things that annoys me about the D&D set...all the terminology changes are flavourful (and the cards look cool) but I would much rather have consistency for a game where you play with cards from all the different sets

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by slimo View Post
    Argh, this is one of the things that annoys me about the D&D set...all the terminology changes are flavourful (and the cards look cool) but I would much rather have consistency for a game where you play with cards from all the different sets
    What terminology changes?

    They're called action dice in the D&D set too.

  7. #7
    on the card they are called spells and gear. so for some it could be confusing that they are considered action dice.

  8. #8
    That's just their subtitle. It's not confusing that Vibranium Shield is called "One of a Kind".

  9. #9

  10. #10
    I can see where this can be confusing. Remember, though, that there are only two types of dice: Characters and Action dice. I know, I know, things get a little weird with Sidekicks/NPCs. But, keep that in mind and you should be ok.

  11. #11
    Was referring to "Spells" and "Gear" - didn't know exactly what these were as I don't have the set.
    But also NPC.

    IMO the thematic benefit wasn't worth making the game slightly harder to learn.
    But I can already see I there are some D&D defenders here so I'll hold my tongue

  12. #12
    It's not about defending D&D.

    It's just that there really shouldn't be any confusion.

    As Oddball says, there are only two types of dice:

    • Character dice.
    • Action dice.

    So, if a die is not a Character die, it must be an Action die.

  13. #13
    As per Dice types I agree that there isn't confusion. As for The Yugioh and D&D "thematic" renaming, I do think that WK made an error there. Especially when ti came to the Yugioh and D&D Monster confusion.

    I understand that once you read the errata, on a website, that takes 4-5 clicks to even get to from the product provided in the starters, it all becomes second nature, but for people trying to start a scene or develop their community, it might not be as easy to get the word out.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    As for The Yugioh and D&D "thematic" renaming, I do think that WK made an error there. Especially when ti came to the Yugioh and D&D Monster confusion.
    With respect to YuGiOh Monster and D&D Monster, I agree - needlessly confusing.

  15. #15
    Ok, what i'm saying is that for some that are new to the game it might confuse them. There are multiple naming conventions for things that should be called the same thing. Clearly it confused others as they posted so in this very thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •