Thread: Sealed/Constructed Hybrid Team Build Advice

Sealed/Constructed Hybrid Team Build Advice

This Sunday my FLGS is hosting a sealed/constructed hybrid play event (if enough people show up). Here's the rules.

Players bring 2 Basic Action cards (with Basic Action Dice)

Players brings 4 Character/Action cards each with 3 dice each or MAX dice (whichever is lowest).

Each player purchases 10 Marvel Dice Masters Expansion Packs.

Using the contents of the 10 Expansion Packs and the Character/Action cards/dice they brought with them, players assemble a Team built to the following specifications:
    • Up to 8 Character/Action cards and up to 20 corresponding dice
    o Players are not required to use all the cards/dice they brought with them.
    It says Marvel DM expansion packs, but I have a feeling it will be DC. Either way, I'm trying to figure out what 4 types of cards to bring. Should I bring some ramps cards and a win condition? Some defensive cards? Some removal? Once of each? Should I bring my core win condition, and us the packs to fill in utility? I'm not looking for specific card recommendations, just the types of things I should build my deck around. We're trying to build a local playing scene. I don't want to be the guy that brings stuff like PXG, Tsarina, Gobby and Hellblazer either and scare away new players.

Take a win condition.

You cannot guarantee to get win-condition worthy cards in your packs.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalFirefly View Post
    I don't want to be the guy that brings stuff like PXG, Tsarina, Gobby and Hellblazer either and scare away new players.
    I totally get that. I would recommend maybe making 2 sets, and then reading the room when you arrive if it's possible.

Yeah, this is my FLGS's second event. Last week myself and one other person showed. That's a good idea. I'll bring an "I want to win" deck and a "I want to have fun, and give myself a good shot at winning" deck.