Thread: Take a look at my Marvel/DC team for me?

Take a look at my Marvel/DC team for me?

I've also posted this in the /r/dicemasters subreddit so if this looks familiar that's why.

General Strategy: Buy and field Human Torch - Johnny Storm as quickly as possible while cycling through Angel - Air Transport to activate his ability twice (once for the sidekick and once for Angel himself); as well as Katana and Cheetah. Hulk is mostly there for board clear. I can ping him with the human torch, but if I have both fielded I'll slap anger issues on one of them and swing. Punisher is there to clean up whatever the Hulk leaves behind. Prof X doesn't need explaining.
    Iceman is there for his global and for a moderately priced bolt character if I need one. I had intended on using him to withdraw sidekicks after I've fielded them to activate Human Torch. My chain of though was Field -> Ping -> Iceman Global -> Spend bolts -> PXG, but I am reconsidering his spot.
    I am definitely planning on taking two of his dice out leaving me with 18 dice. I'm thinking about giving myself one more Angel and one more Human Torch.

However after talking to a few people on reddit I'm considering using Angel - Inspiring or Green Goblin - Goblin Lord in place of Angel - Air Transport. I'm also considering completely doing away with Iceman-Too Cool for Words all together, but I don't know what to fill his slot with. This is for a DC and Marvel exclusive event, and most of my cards are from UXM.

So what are your thoughts? On a scale from 1(worst) to 10(best ever) how would you rate the team? What would you change(if anything)?

(direct link to image: http://i.imgur.com/Xjm5Ile.jpg)

great team
    to many dice on 2cfw put that to 2 and put katana and angel up 1

Quote Originally Posted by joshaber View Post
    great team
    to many dice on 2cfw put that to 2 and put katana and angel up 1
    I definitely agree that I have too many dice on too cool for words. I don't have another Katana dice and that's why I'm thinking about 1 on Angel and 1 on Human Torch.

Maybe remove 2cfw and put in or for just Marvel/DC. These guys can feed Human Torch, and Anger Management.

You only want Marvel/DC suggestions right.

Cuz I have a couple of other suggestions if you have yugioh.

Quote Originally Posted by Vapedaveb View Post
    Maybe remove 2cfw and put in or for just Marvel/DC. These guys can feed Human Torch, and Anger Management.

You only want Marvel/DC suggestions right.

Cuz I have a couple of other suggestions if you have yugioh.
    Yeah, it's for an event limited to DC/Marvel. I was originally running the rare Slifer instead of the Hulk and Forced Injection instead of Angel. I'd love to hear the suggestions though. If only to give me more ideas for the future. But I NEED more Marvel characters for sure. That's what most of my collection is.
    I'm running Pym Particles in another team. I think you're right. He could do great here. So yeah any way I'd love to hear some more suggestions and what you think about the team.
    Last edited by systemskill; 06-12-2015 at 02:43 AM.

Oh I think this team is great, ironically you mentioned the other suggestion which is Injection Fairy. lol. But the team looks solid.

I just play tested with 2 Antman biophysist and an extra Punisher, and it runs really smoothly. Thanks for the suggestion @Vapedaveb .
    I'm planning on blogging about the results, so keep an eye out folks.
    Last edited by systemskill; 06-12-2015 at 02:59 AM.

I ended up swapping Katana out for Constantine - Con Artist right before registration. I ended up taking third place out of 4 competitors. Considering this was my first organized event, and that I'm still getting a feel for the local meta, I'm pretty happy with that. I learned a lot about my team, picked up some awesome cards, met some great fellow Dice Masters, AND traded for a super rare Flash! All in all it was a success. Thanks again for your advice, @Vapedaveb !

Torch is fine the way it is, I think then 2 more on angel if you don't have an extra katana.

Cool glad you had fun!! I give advice any time, Now for it to be good advice, that I do not guarantee, That is what @Shadowmeld is for.

I thought up this for you. If you're running with side kicks it helps to have Falcon. I also thought of Wonder woman to make your side kicks invincible if you plan on using more JL characters. Just in case you're fighting an overcrush team.

There's also the high hopes combo using and and using with swinging for 20 on turn 3.
    Last edited by VastSpartan; 06-22-2015 at 04:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    I thought up this for you. If you're running with side kicks it helps to have Falcon. I also thought of Wonder woman to make your side kicks invincible if you plan on using more JL characters. Just in case you're fighting an overcrush team.

There's also the high hopes combo using and and using with swinging for 20 on turn 3.
    I think I'd be banking on my sidekicks getting knocked out if I'm running Human Torch and Angel, so I'm not sure if Falcon or Wonder Woman would work very well here. I do think that Patch would be a really nice fit here between Ant-man and The Hulk.

If its Nick Fury Patch, yeah. You can swing double with Hulk with Patch. Ping him with Human torch wiping the board then swinging twice. Same for Antman.