Thread: Attacker distributing damage

Attacker distributing damage

I've already asked this but I forget; can an attacker with enough damage to KO both blockers choose to distribute all damage to only one blocker, even though that damage exceeds the blocker's defense?

yes you can distribute damage as you want. However you cannot get overcrush until both blockers are KO'd.

Bang on the money. You can choose to assign the damage to the blockers however you desire. You can overkill one blocker or kill both. If your attack is low enough, you can spread the damage so you kill neither of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromanticer View Post
    so you kill neither of them.
    I like this game for many reasons, but I still just don't get this. in what other games is killing characters an undesirable thing? It's my favorite play style, I don't just want to defeat my opponent, I want to destroy everything in my path while I do it. every turn, I want to continuously deplete your army as your life total diminishes...

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    Those pesky when fielded effects... Gobby, Psylocke, etc.

must find a way to get this to work!!!

I'm always thinking about ways to reverse the cycling of dice....

moving opponents dice from prep to used, from field to used, bag to used, and even sks from used to bag...

I think a combination of this and ramp disruption would have to be good!!!

It can be a good thing against certain "when fielded" setups like Bolt burn teams. You don't want to take full damage from Cheetah, but you don't want he fielded again next turn for even more damage than her swings. There's also a lot of "When knocked out" effects that you don't want to deal with such as Zatanna.

Yeah, it's just a little weird IMHO.

Is the assigning attacking characters combat damage covered in the rule book? I had this come up in a match tonight. My opponent double blocked a character of mine(don't remember what it was but it had atleast 2A/3D) with 2 sidekicks. I just want to have proof when I tell him about it.

Yes, it is in the rule book.

Page 10 of the AoU rule book, under Assign Damage:
    Each attacking character that was blocked assigns its Attack Value in
    damage to the character(s) blocking it. If more than one character is
    blocking an attacking character, the attacker can choose how to divide
    the damage between the blockers (and can even assign all the damage
    to one and none to the other).

"If more than one character is blocking an attacking character, the attacker can choose how to divide the damage between the blockers (and can even assign all the damage to one and none to the other)."

AoU rules, page 10, at the bottom, emphasis mine.

Quote Originally Posted by SarkhanMad View Post

must find a way to get this to work!!!

I'm always thinking about ways to reverse the cycling of dice....

moving opponents dice from prep to used, from field to used, bag to used, and even sks from used to bag...

I think a combination of this and ramp disruption would have to be good!!!
    Don't know if you know this but that card refers to adventurers which are a specific faction/group of d&d Dice, it is not characters which is everybody.

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange Dude View Post
    Don't know if you know this but that card refers to adventurers which are a specific faction/group of d&d Dice, it is not characters which is everybody.
    I think he might be talking about the global which is not restricted to adventurers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jthomash2 View Post
    I think he might be talking about the global which is not restricted to adventurers.
    I see now and that's the only one with that global which is a shame.