Thread: Looking for: article about online play.

Looking for: article about online play.

I remember, a short while back, reading an article about online play. It covered both Vassal and Google+ Hangouts play, from what I recall, and covered things like webcams, headsets, and microphones.

It may have even been a series of articles.

I am fairly sure it was on the old TRP site.

I would like to reference this (these) article(s), in an upcoming blog post, but am struggling to find it(them).

Can anyone recall the article(s) of which I speak and point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    Pretty sure it's in the blog archives. Not exactly sure where it goes to find it, but I think @Randy wrote it, so it should be in his blog

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Advanced Search / Search term: "vassal", Articles only. That returned 12 results. Perhaps it is these two?

http://www.thereservepool.com/conten...The-Vassal-Way
    http://www.thereservepool.com/conten...e-Using-Vassal
    Thanks @Ken.

However, I did try the advanced search, and found those two articles, but those are not the one I am looking for.

I believe the one I seek is referenced, but linked to, in one of those articles, though, which is why I am sure it was on TRP that I saw it.

I even just checked those articles again, in case I was misremembering.

But, no, the article I am thinking of talked mostly about playing via Google+ Hangouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    It was written by @Chris if I remember... I'll see what I can find.

Edit: here you go http://www.thereservepool.com/thread...ghlight=online
    Thanks @Randy .

However...

Quote Originally Posted by vBulletin
    Scorpion0x17, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

The vassal guide probably needs to be updated with the 3.0 changes.

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    I don't even have access! Yikes! Admin only?

I see what's up. Will fix tonight. Hopefully that's soon enough. If not, PM me and I'll send it to you. (On phone at the moment so itnis a bit of a pain to do so)

Yeah, whenever. Haven't even started writing the blog post yet.