Thread: Anybody Order from Daedaluls?

Anybody Order from Daedaluls?

I ordered a Dice Tray set (8) 1 Assembled approximately 3 weeks ago. I got the USPS shipping of 2-3 business days expecting them to be in within a week, but nothing. I haven't gotten any communication on the product or anything, but the automated email of them accepting my payment. Showed processing on the detail page until I put in an inquiry through Paypal about not receiving my product. Now it shows as on Hold.

Is this typical behavior for this company?

I ordered from them. It took about 30 days from placing the order to receiving the box. (Mine was pre-assembled). All in all they were very hard to get a hold of, the easiest way is to contact via Facebook in my limited experience with them. I contacted them 3 times before I got a reply.

As for the box, I still use it, but the magnets constantly fall out (no matter what kind of glue you use) and the box itself comes apart in certain places, the parts just need to be snapped back into place from time to time. There's altogether too many dividers ...limiting how many sleeved cards you can fit so I removed about 4 of them. I keep my cards organized by cost.

If I could take it all back I doubt I'd order from them again, but most of the reviews I saw about the box were so glowing (dice tower, watch it played, etc). I suspect their reviews were colored by getting a free box sent to them.

That said, the box looks cool and if you're not going to try to complete every set like me it should suit your needs. If you're a completist don't get it as it's not even close to bring able to hold everything from more than 2 sets.

for a while the online store was taking preorders only, because they've only just finished getting January pledges to their kickstarter backers. They are working on March KS backers now. I was a January backer, and I got my box about a week ago. They had said that something through their KS page to this effect, I'm not sure about elsewhere. For a while on their site it did say they were filling KS orders first, as those people were the ones that got them started.

Well Friday will be 4 weeks and I have yet to receive my product. One of the individuals there did finally reply to me Monday of last week informing me that my product will be shipped last Tuesday. Still nothing. They were able to update the price on the product I bought by 30 dollars though. I am going to wait until Friday, and if I still haven't received it, then I'll put in a claim with Paypal to get my money back.

If people are smart, then they will steer clear of this company. Product looks nice, but the company is anything but.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundernuts View Post
    I ordered from them. It took about 30 days from placing the order to receiving the box. (Mine was pre-assembled). All in all they were very hard to get a hold of, the easiest way is to contact via Facebook in my limited experience with them. I contacted them 3 times before I got a reply.

As for the box, I still use it, but the magnets constantly fall out (no matter what kind of glue you use) and the box itself comes apart in certain places, the parts just need to be snapped back into place from time to time. There's altogether too many dividers ...limiting how many sleeved cards you can fit so I removed about 4 of them. I keep my cards organized by cost.

If I could take it all back I doubt I'd order from them again, but most of the reviews I saw about the box were so glowing (dice tower, watch it played, etc). I suspect their reviews were colored by getting a free box sent to them.

That said, the box looks cool and if you're not going to try to complete every set like me it should suit your needs. If you're a completist don't get it as it's not even close to bring able to hold everything from more than 2 sets.
    Looks like I'm getting the exact same treatment. They have mentioned that my emails are going to their spam folder. Which is ridiculous when it is their own form I'm filling out to contact them.

Hmmmmm...this stinks.

When we did our Daedalus review they were extremely fast in all correspondence and I got the box in record time - like 3 days. I'm sorry to hear that everyone is having trouble. I'll see if I can contact them as well.

The impression I got from their kickstarter updates was that they are a very small operation, and they underestimated not only the volume of backers/orders they'd have, but also the time it would take to assemble the boxes. It's a brand new business, the owner was always honest and upfront about what was going on that was slowing or speeding order fulfillment. As someone who waited over 6 months for my kickstarter reward, I'm not exactly feeling your 30 day wait. I know everyone is used to instant orders and free two day shipping on Amazon, but this is a small company making custom gaming products. It's like one guy and his two employees.

Quote Originally Posted by chalos13 View Post
    The impression I got from their kickstarter updates was that they are a very small operation, and they underestimated not only the volume of backers/orders they'd have, but also the time it would take to assemble the boxes. It's a brand new business, the owner was always honest and upfront about what was going on that was slowing or speeding order fulfillment. As someone who waited over 6 months for my kickstarter reward, I'm not exactly feeling your 30 day wait. I know everyone is used to instant orders and free two day shipping on Amazon, but this is a small company making custom gaming products. It's like one guy and his two employees.
    When I back a kickstarter, then I also expect to wait a significant amount of time. This is NOT a kickstarter order. This is an order from their website. The product page makes no mention of a delay in shipping (http://www.daedalusproductionsinc.co...ice-tray-set-8). On the final check out page, there is no mention of delays on assembled products.

Lastly, and most importantly, there is little to no communication from the seller. If you can't keep up with your Kickstarter orders, awesome! That means you are making a product people want. But shut down your web store until you can meet demand. Make it clear on the check out when your customer should expect their products. When I'm paying 80 dollars for an item with 2-3 day shipping, I expect it to be here in 2-3 days unless informed otherwise.

As for your little jab at me about the 30 day wait, great way to show what type of person you. *thumbs up*

From the main page of the Daedalus website
    "Thank you for your patience. We have really appreciated everyone that has supported us on this journey. We are wrapping up our KickStarter orders and are able to re-0pen the store to all. Please just be aware that all new orders will have a couple weeks delay as we do finalize these last few orders. A few announcements as we open the store, we learned that orders requesting assembled product were bottle-necking our process. We have put new processes in place to move this faster; however, all orders that have an assembled product will take 1-2 weeks before we ship. The self-assembled products will be shipped out in 3-5 days."
    http://www.daedalusproductionsinc.com/
    Wasn't a jab man, just the truth. I'm not the type to go online to publicly air my grievances with a company. It's your right to dispute the transaction, but they do have a disclaimer on the main page of their site stating there will be delays.
    Last edited by chalos13; 06-25-2015 at 09:12 PM.

FYI: I ordered a (unassembled) Dice Masters case (4 trays) along with a Small World (board game) box insert a little under 2 months ago and received them yesterday. So don't despair if you have an order pending.

I may post a review in a week or so once I finally get the thing assembled (spoiler: the dice trays are a Mother Bear to assemble) and in use.

LMoE

oh yeah, I went per-assembled on my Quarriors! case (same case as dice masters) because it looked like way more gluing that I wanted to do.

Quote Originally Posted by chalos13 View Post
    oh yeah, I went per-assembled on my Quarriors! case (same case as dice masters) because it looked like way more gluing that I wanted to do.
    It's not the gluing; it's the large number of pieces with tight fits that need to be seated all the way in order for other pieces to fit [the slats for the dice trays into the center piece at 45 degree angles] and the large number of tabs into slots on a single piece [ends of dice tray slats into the side pieces slots].

LMoE

I've rage quit putting together Broken Token organizers, and had to come back to finish them. Pre-asembled was the way to go for me.

this was in the update sent to kickstarter backers this week, just so people know

The main reason though I wanted to quickly get this update out to you is to let many of you know why you haven't been receiving replies to your emails you have been sending to info@daedalus... First, part of the problem is that I am still behind on trying to answer emails, but the primary reason is that this morning I just got over 200 emails dating back to May 12th (so far, still more coming in). Mostly, I just wanted to let everyone know that we are still here and working hard to close out this long campaign.

Thanks. It shouldn't be too difficult for them to put this update on their website and set up an auto response to future incoming emails. Not everyone is a Kickstarter backer.

I had an awesome experience with Daedalus everything went good and I love the product , I'm really happy I bought it !!! I've been to 2 rainbow drafts this month, and my Daedalus box made everything easier . I will put some pics up soon