Thread: Dice Towers

Dice Towers

Just curious how many of you use dice towers when playing Dice Masters, and what tower you have, and your thoughts on it.

I recently got the Chessex Dice Boot as an early Father's Day present. It works good, my only complaints are it's pretty loud, and if you send too many dice through (PXG), the dice sometimes will fly out of the front of the landing area. I made it much quieter by gluing some felt to the areas where the dice hit. It's very quiet now.

I love (L-O-V-E) my dice tower. I'm using the same guy you are... and I'm well pleased. I do dislike how he'll vomit a few dice if you send too many down the hatch, but what can you do?

Of course, I do recommend googly eyes.

The amount of projectile dice is still probably fewer than the number I send flying when I roll by hand.

Quote Originally Posted by OddballNarwhal View Post
    I love (L-O-V-E) my dice tower. I'm using the same guy you are... and I'm well pleased. I do dislike how he'll vomit a few dice if you send too many down the hatch, but what can you do?

Of course, I do recommend googly eyes.
    https://screen.yahoo.com/googly-eyes...000000217.html

I use a Litko dice tower. And I really like it. The 'foot' could be a little larger (putting a PXG'd handful through it often results in several cocked dice), though.

You make fun, but there is nothing more satisfying than your tower's eyes bouncing as you dump about 20,000 prepped dice in his head. Also, if you are getting bad rolls, you can look your tower in his eyes until he gets with the program.

Seriously, though, I really do like using the tower. You COULD get some very thin self-stick felt to cushion the sound as they bounce down the tower.

You make fun, but there is nothing more satisfying than your tower's eyes bouncing as you dump about 20,000 prepped dice in his head. Also, if you are getting bad rolls, you can look your tower in his eyes until he gets with the program.

Seriously, though, I really do like using the tower. You COULD get some very thin self-stick felt to cushion the sound as they bounce down the tower.
    I use one of these, although it doesn't seem to care when I stare at it subtle disdain...

I have a Dice Boot, but I bought a Dice Tower dice tower at Origins that is my full time tower now.

Quote Originally Posted by IgwanaRob View Post
    I use one of these, although it doesn't seem to care when I stare at it subtle disdain...
    DID you put googly eyes on it though? I mean, if it has no eyes, how do you stare it into submission?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dicetowerwithgooglyeyes.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	1121
    I know I've posted it before... but there he is. Googly-Eyes Clear Tower.

I don't use a dice tower. I like the feel of having dice roll around in my hands.

I also use the Dice Tower from "The Dice Tower". Got it at Origins. Puts up and breaks down easily. Use it quite a bit now. I like that it is open at the bottom so I can just pick the tower up

I have actually been considering getting a dice tower just for Dice Masters...especially playing with my 5 year old...most of the game is spent keeping his dice in nicely ordered lines, haha

This is the first thing that came to my mind.

I use a dice tower that is pretty close to the Chessex boot in size, and it's completely clear like the Chessex. I found it on eBay for $10 all in. It's called the Prism dice tower. Only issue is that it shipped from Hong Kong, so it took about 3 weeks to get to me. But I am completely satisfied!

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Oetker View Post
    I use a dice tower that is pretty close to the Chessex boot in size, and it's completely clear like the Chessex. I found it on eBay for $10 all in. It's called the Prism dice tower. Only issue is that it shipped from Hong Kong, so it took about 3 weeks to get to me. But I am completely satisfied!
    Could you put some pictures up? I wouldn't mind waiting a few weeks for one that costs that little as long as it looks nice.

On another note, I really love this Prism dice tower, but I find the randomization a bit better when the toe it's off. Or maybe that's just me seeing unfounded patterns in an extremely small sample size of rolls. 😝

Looks like it went up in price to $11.30. Here's the eBay posting. http://m.ebay.ca/itm/251282908656?_mwBanner=1
    That looks exactly the same as the chessex dice boot.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalFirefly View Post
    That looks exactly the same as the chessex dice boot.
    Just so you get a better idea of the size, here are some pictures with a card that I stood up next to it.

Name:	20150620_132116.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	1192Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150620_132139.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	1193

Hey i just wanted to share this one made by "kbieb" from BGG for Zombicide. Easy to do. Will post mine in 1 month or so when i have the time for Printing and glueing.

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/91...ed-dice-towers

Also i have found a Shop online http://www.warmage.de/Spielhilfen-un...Wuerfeltuerme/
    in my country where i can engrave Text and Symbols and i think for WOL i will buy acrylic orange one(different colours poss with the Black Lantern Symbol.

But man the Tardis just looks so cool... cant decide... need both!!!

Edit: w00ps.
    Last edited by Scum; 09-09-2015 at 04:20 PM.

Just so you get a better idea of the size, here are some pictures with a card that I stood up next to it.

Name:	20150620_132116.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	1192Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150620_132139.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	1193
    That is the Chessex Dice Boot.......see http://www.amazon.com/Alliance-Games...ords=dice+boot

I use a Chessex Dice Boot. Cant stand throwing my dice. The scatter everywhere and bumps into my others on the field. Just pop them in, tumble down and remove the boot. The tower has given a lot of wildcards for my basic die. Sometimes the tower spits out a die once in a while but so far it has been lucky in my rolls.

This is my main deck box. http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/218705
    Top compartment fits 20 characters dice, 4 different set colors of basic action dice and 8 sidekicks. Bottom fits around 80 cards. I have 3 to 4 different decks in the large compartment fitting another 20-25 dice with 2 spin down life counters, 1 random D20 to roll on who goes first and my dice bag.

First box (black) I got came from germany which took a month(out of stock at the time). The second one (green) which I always use came from Canada. Which sucked because I could have just gotten it from my local game ship. The day I noticed it in the background was my exact reaction.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1310428764653.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	3052 50 bucks spent