Thread: Superman - Man of Steel

Superman - Man of Steel

This card states "When fielded, you pay 2 to purchase a different character with the Justice League affiliation and put the die directly into your bag"

I have 2 questions

1) Can you purchase as many Justice League characters in that one turn for 2 each? For example pay 4 for 2 Batmans?

2) Do one of the 2 energy have to be the symbol stated on the card? Example Batman requires one energy to be the Mask so do one of the two have to be a mask? I would assume not since the cards simple says pay 2.

I look at Dice Masters as building on Magic theory. If I'm right, this ability triggers exactly once. You may only buy one character. Also, paying (2) means any energy. You do not need to pay the energy type of the purchased character.

It says "the die" so only one.

When a game effect causes a rule to change, try to read the change, with as few rules changes as possible. As such, reducing the cost to 2 doesn't remove the type requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    It says "the die" so only one.

When a game effect causes a rule to change, try to read the change, with as few rules changes as possible. As such, reducing the cost to 2 doesn't remove the type requirement.
    This rules clarification is on WizKids' site: http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/vie...hp?f=10&t=5984

If paying 1 means one energy of any type, I would think that paying 2 still means two energy of any type. Superman's ability provides an alternative cost, not a change in the original cost to purchase. I think it removes constraints of the original cost.

Triggered abilities only happen once per trigger, unless specified.

This is a fair point, and a subtlety I missed. I would agree, you could pay 2 generic to buy a JLA character... But only one per Fielding.

Thanks for the help, guys. Also can you use it to buy another Superman or does it have to be a different character?

I believe the word different is in the card text, or was it other? Either way, you cannot buy supes