Thread: Jimmy Sighting in a Dice Tower Origins video

Jimmy Sighting in a Dice Tower Origins video

In the recent Dice Tower Origins Overview video, at about 1:29, we see this image:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WizKidsCoverage.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	206.3 KB 
ID:	1126

Look over on the left...

It's Jimmy!

Can someone who was there explain this layout to me? The table on the right, with the two lighting umbrellas over it is, I assume, the coverage table where Jimmy and sometimes-guest sat. Is the table on the left, where Jimmy is currently standing the feature table? It looks like it. I got the impression that it was somewhere on the other side of the big plastic banner when watching. Also, that seems really close. I assume that with convention chatter there was no way of hearing the coverage when seated at the table, right?

~Ken, member #1, Jimmy O'Brien Fan Club!

That is a correct assumption of setup @Ken . There would have been no way to hear him from the feature table. This was over by the main WizKids display area, a good distance away from the tables we played at.

Ken here are a couple of pics off the Dice Anon Blog they had of the event.
    It gives you a little better perspective.

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	1133Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	127.6 KB 
ID:	1134

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    A mythological creature of joy and games. That's what I thought before I met him. He's as genuinely excited about games as anyone I've ever met. Works for wizkids and has done coverage at nationals and world's and probably elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Chapa71 View Post
    Ken here are a couple of pics off the Dice Anon Blog they had of the event.
    It gives you a little better perspective.

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	1133Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	127.6 KB 
ID:	1134
    Yes, those are great. I've been putting together a game recording rig using Logitech webcams. I was surprised to see that WizKids apparently uses them as well, based on the DA pictures. Or at least they seem to for video of the players. I'm not sure about the overhead cam though. That appears to be something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Jthomash2 View Post
    A mythological creature of joy and games. That's what I thought before I met him. He's as genuinely excited about games as anyone I've ever met.
    Your application to the Jimmy O'Brien Fan Club has been accepted. Welcome, Member #2!

I believe strictly speaking he works for Neca.

(Based purely on what it says in his Facebook profile)

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    Could be. The card he gave me has the wizkids logo, not neca though. I realize that's not concrete proof, it's just what I based my statement on.

I thought he worked for WizKids too, until I saw his FB Profile.

But, then, aren't WizKids a subsidiary of Neca?

So both could be true.

Both are true. Neca owns WizKids and I believe Neca has been slow moving towards (at a corporate level) calling the entity Neca/WizKids LLC or something like that.

Also, we're gonna have to fight over who is TRULY Jimmy's number one fan. That should be the next TRP contest: feats of devotion to Jimmy to prove your fandom. I'm on my way to change my son's name right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Your application to the Jimmy O'Brien Fan Club has been accepted. Welcome, Member #2!
    Where can I submit my application to the club?

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Mon View Post
    Also, we're gonna have to fight over who is TRULY Jimmy's number one fan. That should be the next TRP contest: feats of devotion to Jimmy to prove your fandom. I'm on my way to change my son's name right now.
    I don't claim to be his #1 fan, just member #1 of the fan club.

Quote Originally Posted by jigsawhc View Post
    Where can I submit my application to the club?
    Membership requirements are very loose at this point. Application consists of two parts:
    1) Letting the club know you wish to join.
    2) Possessing a general feeling of positivity towards Jimmy (truly being a fan) and expressing same in some way, big or small.

No dues required, but if you send me a SASE, I will send you an official membership card (for real).

OK, tell me where to send that SASE and it will be on the way. Jimmy was rocking the streams and his enthusiasm was infectious.

I am particular. Is the card laminated? I'll only send for it if it is

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Mon View Post
    I am particular. Is the card laminated? I'll only send for it if it is
    Full color, 2 sided, laminated card stock. (Not a plastic card).

I take this PM as meeting requirement #1 and you've already met #2, so welcome Member #4! PM will be on its way shortly.

-----

(By the way, for those reading this, while this is a "fun" club, it most certainly is not a joke club. We really do only want Jimmy's fans.)

Jimmy is awesome!

Hmm... What about international fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    Jimmy is awesome!

Hmm... What about international fans?
    Welcome, Member #5! International is fine. Doing a SASE is not as practical internationally. If you PayPal me a pound I can send you the card. If that doesn't work, we could figure something else out too.

Welcome, Member #5! International is fine. Doing a SASE is not as practical internationally. If you PayPal me a pound I can send you the card. If that doesn't work, we could figure something else out too.
    I can do PayPal.

PM me your PayPal info, @Ken

Quote Originally Posted by jigsawhc View Post
    Jimmy was rocking the streams and his enthusiasm was infectious.
    He also seemed genuine about it too.

Welcome, Member #3!

PM sent with where to send the SASE.
    It's true. Jimmy is one of the top Pokemon players in the country. AND he has an MBA. Perfect combo for the job. We are lucky to have him.