Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you had any runs of great pack luck?

Have you had any runs of great pack luck?

Months ago, I bought 10 packs of UXM at WalMart. I opened a SR Iron Man and Scarlet Witch.

This week, I bought 3 packs of YuGiOh, 15 packs of UXM and 10 packs of JL. I cracked a SR Scarlet Witch, Emma Frost and Constantine.

We all LOVE those times we go on a tear cracking insanely good stuff. Tell me your story of good luck opening packs!

I've been randomly grabbing 2 packs of YGO for the past couple weeks from different grocery stores I go to that carry DM. I've bought maybe 20-30 packs, at most.

I have 3 of the 4 Super-Rares.

My very first boosters I opened were fantastic. I bought 25 packs (from two different boxes), and got a Gobby and a Tsarina.

I have yet to duplicate that good fortune.

I pulled two Constantines, A Catwoman and a Flash in the first weekend. I have somehow pulled 4 Hellblazers, 2 Black Canaries, 1 catwoman and a flash in the first month of DC.

My son pulls all the SRs we have gotten. I just let him open all the packs now-I think it is his favorite part of the game

I won a draft, decided to go AVX for pack prizes, and pulled Tsarina. This is awesome on it's own, but this was the THIRD Tsarina that I've pulled.

I was really hoping to get a SR Stirge, and pulled one from a handful of packs at Origins in the vendor hall this year. Didn't know I had him until I got home and we opened them-bonus awesomeness!

One of the stores I have played at I have played two drafts. In each draft I got "the best" SR in each of the sets, Constantine and Iron Man.

I think I have horrible luck...out of 2 gravity feeds (180 packs) I got SR Scarlett Witch (meh) and SR The Flash (boooooo).

In comparison, my friend got Gobby and Tsarina out of his 60 pack AVX gravity feed

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladin View Post
    I think that's my favorite part of the game too, in all honesty. There's something very satisfying about cracking packs.
    Agreed. I love doing it, but I almost love watching my kids be able to just as much! The anticipation when those characters that have a SR show up in the dice is great. Makes me feel like I am watching Charlie open up a Wonka bar!

I've had two nights of awesome luck so far with super rares. A while back i decided to start buying Yu-Gi-Oh and pulled a Thousand Dragon and a Winged Dragon of Ra within the first 15 packs. Then tonight our store had a D&D draft, I pulled a Mind Flayer in the draft and bought 7 packs of UXM. Those had an Iron Man and a Scarlet Witch in them.

I grabbed 15 packs of YGO yesterday. First pack, top card was Slifer SR. First time I pulled a SR from buying loose packs, only ever got them from whole feeds before and one from a collector's box. I hope this is the start of streak of pack luck.

This is the opposite of good luck
    I have brought 90 packs (not at once but over the last month) and I have only pulled 5 rares and no super rares

I already rambled enough about my recent run of good packs, but I'll just post that in 13 packs I pulled these:
    and 3 other rares... LOL.

My son pulled and last night out of 12 packs.

Bought 2 packs last week of YGO and pulled a jinzo Trap Destroyer.

My best luck would have probably been nabbing a second constantine out of ten packs after winning a locals, but my favourite has to be buying out the last 10 packs of UXM at my flgs because I badly needed a rare psylocke for my nationals team, and actually pulled it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jar_99 View Post
    Bought 2 packs last week of YGO and pulled a jinzo Trap Destroyer.
    I was trying for Jinzo or BEWD.

My best Luck was to buy my ever first bought packs , 3 from D&D and i pulled the Red Dragon Super Rare and Uncommon.

I had a nice run of luck with AoU. My feed had Gladiator and Captain Universe. Two days after release I bought about 10 packs and pulled a Magneto. A week later I bought packs on two different days and pulled a Groot on one day and another Magneto on the second.

The only time I get anything good is when I buy 30 or more packs at one time. Anything less means I get duplicates of commons and uncommons I don't need. Or the same three or four terrible rares.

And, I'm pretty sure uncommon Kang- Rama Tut is actively avoiding me. How in the world can one person open 200+ packs and not pull a single uncommon Kang?

Edit to add: I bought 10 packs last night at my FLGS. Nothing but commons and uncommons.
    First world gamer problems.

First 6 boosters I bought were for AVX & included Canucklehead (never pulled another AVX SR- including from a sealed feed). Still keep buying AVX every time I find them hoping for Gobby or Tsarina...

First 6 boosters I bought for AoU included SR Thanos (I then got a feed & it had SR Thanos & Jocasta).

When AvX first dropped an nobody could find it, I pulled Tsarina, Gobby, and Canucklehead out of 50 loose packs from a few different stores.