Thread: AvX Starters for $15

AvX Starters for $15

For anyone still lookingn AvX starter sets are up now on Miniature Market for $15!

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/catal...54/s/wzk71298/

I actually saw a couple of these in a Wal-Mart last week, right next to the DC: Justice League starters.

Of course, the only booster packs they had were YGO and UXM

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    I actually saw a couple of these in a Wal-Mart last week, right next to the DC: Justice League starters.

Of course, the only booster packs they had were YGO and UXM
    My Walmart has the same 2 and Target only has Yugioh, but I buy a couple every time I go in to support them carrying the game. Of course I buy the most of my stuff at the local Game Shop.

My local Walmart did not have DM for a long time. Then a very beat up YGO gravity feed showed up about 2 months ago and disappeared a couple of weeks later. Nothing for a while, then 1.5 weeks ago a DC gravity feed appeared. And a few days ago 1 AvX starter and several DC starters showed up beside the DC gravity feed. Nothing at the local Target for the past few months, although they used to carry starters.

Are AvX Gravity Feeds still a pretty rare thing to come across these days in the US? There is a online store in Canada that sells them right now for $59.95 CAN...but they don't ship to the US.

I got myself one last week, filled in a few gaps for me nicely, and provided me with some trade bait as well. Didn't pull a SR, but that's okay...it was still worth it.

I dug into our Wal-Mart here in Wyoming and here's what I found out. No big box stores (Wal-Mart, Target, Walgreens, etc.) actually carry WizKids. They don't have distribution. They don't cary a lot of the stuff in the nerd aisle. Go to their online store and search for Dice Masters and you won't find it.*

What they DO have in place is a local or regional distributor who stocks the "nerd aisle." This person labels prices and such but doesn't actually run the inventory through Wal-Mart's system. So if you ask a WM or Target employee "Do you have the DC Dice Masters Starter Set" they may not have any idea and it won't show up in their inventory proper.

I know my WM store manager here through charity work so I got the distributor's (for NE Wyoming) number and discovered the company was out of Rapid City, South Dakota. I called and got ahold of someone who had absolutely no clue what products I was asking about and passed the buck, saying "I don't order the product in so I have no idea."

Any time you find it in a big box, jackpot! You've got a great distributor!

*Oddly enough, Wal-Mart is carrying a small handful of WK products online. They all relate to Pathfinder and Dungeons & Dragons with one solitary Quarriors base set.

Quote Originally Posted by Meatman View Post
    Are AvX Gravity Feeds still a pretty rare thing to come across these days in the US? There is a online store in Canada that sells them right now for $59.95 CAN...but they don't ship to the US.

I got myself one last week, filled in a few gaps for me nicely, and provided me with some trade bait as well. Didn't pull a SR, but that's okay...it was still worth it.
    Does @RJRETRO know about this place?

Quote Originally Posted by Meatman View Post

My local shop still has plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    There seem to be a couple, apparently sharing inventory. Try this one for example: http://www.greatboardgames.ca/marvel...-men-3830.html
    @RJRETRO yup...this is the place I was referring too. I also heard the rave reviews of Spyfall from several folks who went to Worlds, and this place stocks it too...so I was thinking of placing another order.

Quote Originally Posted by Critenstein View Post
    My Walmart has the same 2 and Target only has Yugioh, but I buy a couple every time I go in to support them carrying the game. Of course I buy the most of my stuff at the local Game Shop.
    Yep. I cracked two super rares out of the UXM box at my WalMart (the only DM thing they sell there). Odds are the rest of the box won't be good, but I pick packs up so they'll keep carrying it.

Quote Originally Posted by cbone3 View Post
    Yep. I cracked two super rares out of the UXM box at my WalMart (the only DM thing they sell there). Odds are the rest of the box won't be good, but I pick packs up so they'll keep carrying it.
    I pulled 2 rares out of 7 packs from Walmart today, but I have only ever seen 2 SRs ever. I have to be the only one buying them, so I have no idea how I'm missing them.

I've never had two SRs out of one full box. But I have pulled two SRs in 10 pack purchases out of boxes at WalMart. Weird.