Thread: Article: Also Sprach Beholder

Great article. Nice in depth look at just 1 aspect of DM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    For those Following this team, I've made some tweaks: AiA
    I like the change. get in for 10, without causing a jailbreak!!!

Or to be a bigger jerk, put their life back UP to 10!

Exactly! "I'm going to keep you at 10 until you field all of your sidekicks, please oblige me."

Shadowmeld, you are a disgusting human and I like it. Gonna roll this team out sometime soon.

I would just like to remind everyone, continued use of this deck has been classified as war crimes by the Geneva Conventions. Please stop making @IsaacBV cry.

I would just like to remind everyone, continued use of this deck has been classified as war crimes by the Geneva Conventions. Please stop making @IsaacBV cry.

This team made three other people go "wait, what?...."
    Knowing what it would do it was still difficult to play against for sure!

I didn't want to warn anybody about it early on, so there were no apologies in advance. I apologized to @joshaber after he saw what it could do and he wouldn't let me off the hook - he agreed that I should feel bad about it. @IsaacBV and I went to turns at a local C/UC Limited Constructed tournament with the score of 18-17 (his favor). He kept forcing my Beast(s) to attack with a Phoenix global and I kept having to Distract it back to avoid him taking damage (keeping his Human Torches and 2 sidekicks in jail, forcing me to use the [mask] I was going to use to distract my beholder back and therefore couldn't attack with beholder several turns in a row, and cutting out any chance of ramp by having to burn my masks) until my final swing on the last of the turns, taking it to 10-13 and squeezing out an ugly win. If @IsaacBV is taking blog post requests for after his World's recap series, I'd like to read about how to counter this combo in a fully constructed setting.

When this combo was posted on the WK rules forum, I knew i was never gonna let it known to my friends

Any card that forces an attack, or even the Imprisoned die itself could easily counter it [ Even on it's lvl3 side, Beholder is only a 1 cost to field]

That is why the deck list has 4 beholders, so you can get one imprisoned and keep on chugging.

The forced attack is easy to counter with the mask that I was saving to PXG with instead being used to distract back my attacker, but it screws up my ramp.

I'd love to see a more budget friendly AiA. There's got to be a way to send my opponent running off in tears without breaking my pocket book.

Quote Originally Posted by systemskill View Post
    I'd love to see a more budget friendly AiA. There's got to be a way to send my opponent running off in tears without breaking my pocket book.
    To be honest, if you can get the Rare Black Widow, I usually get the win with just her, beholder and maybe a spider man purchase. Everything else is in there to make the deck more reliable, but you could find cheaper ways to do those things.

To be honest, if you can get the Rare Black Widow, I usually get the win with just her, beholder and maybe a spider man purchase. Everything else is in there to make the deck more reliable, but you could find cheaper ways to do those things.
    Word! If I only have to purchase Black Widow and Spidey that makes this a little easier to swallow. I'm pretty sure I have options for just about everything else. Thanks again, Shadow.