Thread: Multiple "When X attacks..."

Multiple "When X attacks..."

I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but I want to double check with the awesome community here...

When I attack with multiple characters that have "When X attacks" abilities, do I get to resolve them in the order of my choosing?

Example:
    I attack with

Can I triger Storm first, then Punisher, and finally Black Widow?

as far as i know the attack things all trigger at once but since you are the active player you decide the order. so in short, yes.

This actually came up in a game last night where we were wondering if Punisher's "assigns to attack" is functionally different from Storm's "attacks" and would affect the order of resolution, but we just played it as standard Wizkids multiple-ways-of-saying-the-same-thing.

I'm playing in a Marvel only hybrid tournament tonight and I'm trying to think of cheap and easy ways to deal with Hulk Jade Giant and Green Goliath. I'm hoping to roll Hulk to energy with Storm. If not, I'll KO him with Punisher to get him out of the field before triggering Black Widow.

Thanks for the answers!

Quote Originally Posted by Razorback View Post
    I'm playing in a Marvel only hybrid tournament tonight and I'm trying to think of cheap and easy ways to deal with Hulk Jade Giant and Green Goliath. I'm hoping to roll Hulk to energy with Storm. If not, I'll KO him with Punisher to get him out of the field before triggering Black Widow.

Thanks for the answers!
    I use the rare psylocke to deal with Hulk, because he doesn't take any damage, he doesn't trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by RainCityJenna View Post
    I use the rare psylocke to deal with Hulk, because he doesn't take any damage, he doesn't trigger.
    I like Psylocke, but more than once I've needed to use her and not had to trigger her.

I like Psylocke, but more than once I've needed to use her and not had to trigger her.
    The problem with storm is that if he rolls back to character side and you've done damage, you're screwed. I usually just hold off until I get the masks, which usually isn't a huge problem. But my other goto, which isn't always perfect but I force him to attack and then transfer power so that I don't take his full attack.

Quote Originally Posted by RainCityJenna View Post
    The problem with storm is that if he rolls back to character side and you've done damage, you're screwed. I usually just hold off until I get the masks, which usually isn't a huge problem. But my other goto, which isn't always perfect but I force him to attack and then transfer power so that I don't take his full attack.
    My idea is to use Storm, hoping I'll turn Hulk into energy. If Hulk comes up character side, I'll use Punisher to KO Hulk. Either way, Hulk is gone so no damage back to me, right?

Or, they pay 3 life and Hulk doesn't die, then they take 2 more and clear your board before your attackers do damage. Now they have a hulk and other things to swing into your open board.

At least I think that was the point being made here.

My idea is to use Storm, hoping I'll turn Hulk into energy. If Hulk comes up character side, I'll use Punisher to KO Hulk. Either way, Hulk is gone so no damage back to me, right?
    I'm sorry I thought you were using Wind Rider. NVM about the damage if it comes up character side and another doesn't. My mistake.

As for using the punisher I'd say no, because he will pay the two life to prevent the effect and then block with the hulk or someone else. That's what I would do anyways.

I was just rereading the "Marvel Dice Masters FAQ – 9/22/2014" and found this:

4) Q: If a character with a game effect that is triggered by taking damage is KO’ed by a game effect, does their game effect occur?
    A: No, effects that KO characters (or ones that move characters to different zones) are not considered to be damage dealt to the character. As an example, Thor, Legendary Warrior’s ability to knock out characters when he deals damage to an opponent is not considered to deal damage to the character and, therefore, his ability would not activate any game effects triggered by taking damage on the character that he knocks out with this ability.

I believe that answers your question.

Within a Marvel only format, Deadpool: Jack seems like a good way to deal with Hulk.

EDIT: I take that back. Hulk would take damage from the attack step I think...

Quote Originally Posted by fun4willis View Post
    Within a Marvel only format, Deadpool: Jack seems like a good way to deal with Hulk.
    Deadpool would still deal his damage to The Hulk, it just means if he's left standing at the end, he's KO'd. The same can be said for Solomon Grundy. If you look at psylocke though, that's entirely true. She just KO's them, no damage was dealt.

He would yep.

You could attack with Deadpool and assign Hulk to block. Then use the Distraction global to pull Deadpool back. The Smash! global could also be used so Deadpool doesn't deal damage to Hulk.

Whoa yes, Deadpool + Distraction is fantastic!