Thread: Age of Ultron release date? Was it pushed or am I crazy?

Age of Ultron release date? Was it pushed or am I crazy?

For some reason, I thought I remebered that it was coming out on July 1st. I just checked up and it says the 15th.

This could've happened awhile ago and I'm just noticing now, but I really thought that I'd been looking forward to the first of July.

I'm 99% sure that it was pushed back from the 1st to the 15th at some point, but I can't remember if that was awhile ago, or recently since I last checked a couple weeks ago.

It's possible that when the set was first announced, Wizkids said July 15th, but I feel like that really isn't the case and I'm making myself think I'm crazy just because I don't want to assume that Wizkids pushed it without knowing with 100% certainty. I'm going to check myself; I haven't found anything so far in a quick, precursory search solely on this website, but I would assume that any company would probably edit release announcement pages with newer, later dates, when known. Why would someone try to advertise that any more than they needed to? Having the website be wrong would be totally unacceptable, of course, but having a (potential) list of dates crossed out, with a new one at the end, would look trashy as well; of course the dates from any original releases on those individual website pages are going to be edited to the newest date.

I need to find a screencap or picture of some sort of a mass market website or Wizkids press or other release, and see what date was originally put down.

I don't mind a two week push, and a lot of this comes from my pre-existing bias against Wizkids that they'll always push any release back by at least two weeks, which is why the fact that I can't remember when I last checked to see the different date isn't helping me convince myself.

Anyone who even just happens to know off the top of their head what the first release date that was mentioned was I'm sure I'll be more than happy to believe and take the word of.

Yeah, no one is perfect with this stuff. FFG is often vague and then suddenly something just appears. WizKids is specific and then misses it. Neither really works that well, but what can you do? As I've talked to people who have gotten into this with Kickstarter and other ventures, the production and delivery process is much more inexact than you might expect.

I don't ever remember hearing any specific date other than "July 15th".

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    I don't ever remember hearing any specific date other than "July 15th".
    Ditto

I recall reading people saying July 1st. I remember because that's my birthday. But it was just people. Nothing official.

As far as I knew from our distributor it's always been July 15th.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Yeah, no one is perfect with this stuff. FFG is often vague and then suddenly something just appears. WizKids is specific and then misses it. Neither really works that well, but what can you do? As I've talked to people who have gotten into this with Kickstarter and other ventures, the production and delivery process is much more inexact than you might expect.
    I prefer vagueness than broken promises, but even with Wizkids, I've come to learn that any given date is probably going to end up being two weeks later, so I literally plan around that being the case, and things have always worked out

All that matters is that the set comes out sometime this summer. Those full art zombies are so cool.