Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 48

Thread: What brought you here?

  1. #1

    What brought you here?

    If you are new or fairly new to the site, how did you find us? And what were you looking for? Spoilers, set reviews, strategy, events, meta, competitive tips, basic info, team builds or more? An inquiring mind would like to know

  2. #2
    I knew I wanted to build a deck before I had even bought a card. I came here for some article, don't remember which. After that I checked back here as I was prepping for my first real game of Dice Masters, a DnD draft.

  3. #3
    Not really new. I knew I wanted to be here because it's the most active forum for a game I love.

  4. #4

  5. #5
    JT told me I had to come out of my cave and talk to people on here if I want to be a cool guy.

  6. #6
    I wanted to learn how to play. I couldn't find many videos on YouTube other than the Watch it Played series.

  7. #7
    I listened to TRP back when the game first dropped. I managed to find a starter and things about an hour away but due to the shortages we never got anything going locally. I put my cards and dice up and went back to playing Heroclix. Fast forward to Origins and I'm getting burnt out on clix. I look on the stream and TRP is getting lots of love. I decided to dive back into dice masters and came here to check this place out. Thank you to whoever told me about this site on the twitch stream.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry_Damage01 View Post
    I listened to TRP back when the game first dropped. I managed to find a starter and things about an hour away but due to the shortages we never got anything going locally. I put my cards and dice up and went back to playing Heroclix. Fast forward to Origins and I'm getting burnt out on clix. I look on the stream and TRP is getting lots of love. I decided to dive back into dice masters and came here to check this place out. Thank you to whoever told me about this site on the twitch stream.
    What was your name on the stream? I spent a good seven hours on the stream the final day of the event.

  9. #9

  10. #10
    I've been aware of the site for a while mostly through the podcast, but didn't realize the forums were this active until Worlds when a friend pointed me to a thread here that was discussing my facial hair. I, of course, had to lurk around after that.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexei View Post
    I've been aware of the site for a while mostly through the podcast, but didn't realize the forums were this active until Worlds when a friend pointed me to a thread here that was discussing my facial hair. I, of course, had to lurk around after that.
    Ah, the memories of worlds. The three best things were the twitch feed, that thread and of course, Trubie's(Flexei's) facial hair!

  12. #12
    As @Darkwvlf said, when I get hooked on a new hobby I tend to have a week or two or three (or more) where I research, watch videos, listen to podcast, find reviews, etc...on said hobby. This was no different with DM. I, as @RJRETRO said, watched WatchItPlayed tutorial on DM and was hooked. I have always, because of my father, been a big comic book/super hero 'nerd' and found this game encompassed the desire to play a game and be enthralled in comic world all at once. I have not yet found a ton of time to play since I am a full time teacher, father, and a very active member at our Church. I play when I can and have had the privilege to play against some the podcast guys. I enjoy TRP for the main reason of giving me a way to know what is going on in the gaming world, even if I don't have time to been in it. Thanks again all TRP members and admin! **PS the TRPN News segments are killer! Continue those!**

  13. #13
    2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion
    360

    Location
    Akron, OH
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    JT told me I had to come out of my cave and talk to people on here if I want to be a cool guy.
    It's true. But TBH, that event was so amazing despite so many things (small space, the drive, no DM coverage on the stream, etc) that I feel like it was representative IRL of what this community is trying to do, and it's why online networks like this and others are working - because that's what the boots on the ground are doing too. Osprey came with theroyalfalcon, fun4willis came with mongooli, and there were other pockets of folks who came together, at least one father-son combo, etc. I encouraged Osprey and others to check out TRP to broaden their network, but that's really just an acceleration of what is and was going on already.

  14. #14
    I was going to post my "what brought me here" story, but realized that it is also partly a story of how the new site came to be, and may have some extra interest if I write it as such. Look for that in my regular front page post on Wednesday afternoon.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Jthomash2 View Post
    It's true. But TBH, that event was so amazing despite so many things (small space, the drive, no DM coverage on the stream, etc) that I feel like it was representative IRL of what this community is trying to do, and it's why online networks like this and others are working - because that's what the boots on the ground are doing too. Osprey came with theroyalfalcon, fun4willis came with mongooli, and there were other pockets of folks who came together, at least one father-son combo, etc. I encouraged Osprey and others to check out TRP to broaden their network, but that's really just an acceleration of what is and was going on already.
    I already listened to the podcast occasionally, but I had no idea there was a forum until JT brought it up.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    I heard there was cake.
    Yes, simply assume the party escort submission position or you will miss the party.



    This was a triumph.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexei View Post
    I've been aware of the site for a while mostly through the podcast, but didn't realize the forums were this active until Worlds when a friend pointed me to a thread here that was discussing my facial hair. I, of course, had to lurk around after that.
    And we're glad you're here! I only got to talk to you briefly, but you seem like an awesome guy and MAN your wife's custom cards are fantastic. Looking forward to the event in Morgantown this weekend, I saw you guys'll be there too.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexei View Post
    I've been aware of the site for a while mostly through the podcast, but didn't realize the forums were this active until Worlds when a friend pointed me to a thread here that was discussing my facial hair. I, of course, had to lurk around after that.
    Glad to have you @Flexei ! I am happy to see you lurking in the shadows with us
    Our game during your bye on Saturday was fun, I have been playing that swarm spray combo with a few teams, love how it plays. i enjoyed chatting with you and look forward to playing again sometime.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    And we're glad you're here! I only got to talk to you briefly, but you seem like an awesome guy and MAN your wife's custom cards are fantastic. Looking forward to the event in Morgantown this weekend, I saw you guys'll be there too.
    Yep, we'll both be there and looking forward to it. Game on our home turf. I just hope our local players turn out and aren't turned off by something a ~little~ more competitive. We're all generally pretty relaxed and casual.

    Melissa's also got a bunch of neat new customs...some de-YuGiOh-fied ones and a bunch of others. If you're curious, make sure to ask her to show you some pictures of the ones we're not already rolling with.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by KingMatticus View Post
    As @Darkwvlf said, when I get hooked on a new hobby I tend to have a week or two or three (or more) where I research, watch videos, listen to podcast, find reviews, etc...on said hobby. This was no different with DM. I, as @RJRETRO said, watched WatchItPlayed tutorial on DM and was hooked. I have always, because of my father, been a big comic book/super hero 'nerd' and found this game encompassed the desire to play a game and be enthralled in comic world all at once. I have not yet found a ton of time to play since I am a full time teacher, father, and a very active member at our Church. I play when I can and have had the privilege to play against some the podcast guys. I enjoy TRP for the main reason of giving me a way to know what is going on in the gaming world, even if I don't have time to been in it. Thanks again all TRP members and admin! **PS the TRPN News segments are killer! Continue those!**
    Welcome! Glad to have you here. How is your local scene, is there opportunities there to play others?

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by IsaacBV View Post
    Glad to have you @Flexei ! I am happy to see you lurking in the shadows with us
    Our game during your bye on Saturday was fun, I have been playing that swarm spray combo with a few teams, love how it plays. i enjoyed chatting with you and look forward to playing again sometime.

    That bye game was great! Thanks again for sticking around and playing. It was exactly what I needed to calm some frazzled nerves that morning. The game and the conversation were just want the doctor ordered and it was great meeting you.

    Since worlds I've been toying around with a few other spray-less builds (can't quit the Kobolds) toying with the capture mechanic some, getting ready for AoU.... But I feel a constant longing for spray. It's like peanut butter without the jelly.

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexei View Post
    That bye game was great! Thanks again for sticking around and playing. It was exactly what I needed to calm some frazzled nerves that morning. The game and the conversation were just want the doctor ordered and it was great meeting you.

    Since worlds I've been toying around with a few other spray-less builds (can't quit the Kobolds) toying with the capture mechanic some, getting ready for AoU.... But I feel a constant longing for spray. It's like peanut butter without the jelly.

    That spray is so much fun. I really hope we see more cards with swarm in the future, I love the mechanic even more now as I continue to use it. Then you can have multiple flavors of PB w your Jelly!

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    This was a triumph.
    I'm making a note here, HUGE SUCCESS!

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by RJRETRO View Post
    What was your name on the stream? I spent a good seven hours on the stream the final day of the event.
    My name on twitch is JerryDamage01. I was waiting for the clix coverage and started watching dice masters. Got interested in it again and someone, likely you, directed me here. Fast forward a few weeks and most of my clix are gone for dice masters.

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by IsaacBV View Post
    Welcome! Glad to have you here. How is your local scene, is there opportunities there to play others?
    Local scene is lacking. I know of a few players around, but we never can get together, for one reason or the other. I do enjoy Vassal, but I would rather hold the dice and see the cards in front of me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •