Thread: Anyone interested in a D&D Hangouts league?

Anyone interested in a D&D Hangouts league?

Hi all, I'm trying to organize a fun monthly D&D league played over Hangouts.

My initial thoughts on how it would be set up:

1. Only D&D cards are legal (yes, you can use D&D promos)

2. It would be a monthly round-robin league. You play everyone once. With a round-robin, you don't have to wait for any other games to play to get to your next opponent, and since you know all of the matchups up-front, you could schedule your games anytime and in any order you want, but you have to finish your games in the month.

3. Best 2 out of 3. It's up to the two players each game to decide beforehand on time limits, etc...

4. Before the league starts, each player PMs their team list (using a dicemastersdb link) to me. All team lists will be revealed together once I have all of them.

5. During the course of the month, you get 2 mulligans. With each mulligan, you can submit a brand new team, but the old team gets archived. Any change to a character, dice distribution or basic action counts as a mulligan. PM me your mulligan, and I'll update the team listings after you start your game (to avoid anyone building specifically around your team before your game starts). Even if you try to mulligan to gain an advantage over your next opponent, they very well could have mulligan'd too. You won't know until your game actually starts, but we'll all be able to see afterwards. Wanting to go back to an archived team counts as a mulligan.

6. You are allowed 1 additional mulligan for the final game you play. (So in total, you get 3 mulligans - 2 during the course of the league before your final game, and 1 for your final game). You don't have to use any of your mulligans if you don't want to.

7. Report wins and losses on the monthly post/thread. I'll update wins and losses using a site like TRP, Konkuri or Challonge, so you can go see the standings.

8. It's a fun league! There aren't any prizes (yet!). Let's keep it friendly!

9. After each month is done, I'll report out the winning build, and we can all have fun looking at what works well in a D&D constructed environment!

I love me some DnD. You could count me in. Would it be possible to utilize vassal to execute games if my opponent is OK with it? This ensures poor quality cameras aren't an issue on reading the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    I love me some DnD. You could count me in. Would it be possible to utilize vassal to execute games if my opponent is OK with it? This ensures poor quality cameras aren't an issue on reading the field.
    Sure, if both you and your opponent are equipped with Vassal, I don't see a problem with it. However, the minimum requirement for this league is Hangouts. I've got this posted on the Dice Masters Online group as well. Most of the responses I've gotten are through there, so if you don't mind, can you respond on my post there? (Sorry to be a pain...) If everyone has both a FB and a TRP account, I'd consider moving this to the TRP league site.
    Last edited by Doctor Oetker; 06-21-2015 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Updating with add. info

Response on the Facebook Dice Masters Online group has been good in the first 8 hours. We've got 4 confirmed on Facebook, and 1 here from Shadowmeld. We've also got 2 maybes. Now that there's confirmed participants, anyone else want in?

I would be interested in joining the Vassal portion of the league, but I don't care for social media at all, so I don't really want to fiddle with Facebook.

Hi Necro. Not everyone who's committed to play has Vassal, but they all have Hangouts. I can understand about the Facebook thing though.