Thread: Eye of the Tiger

Eye of the Tiger

Do I have lethal?
    Are they threatening lethal?
    Am I the aggressor or do I need to stabilize?
    How many dice in their bag?
    Time to check all globals and all active abilities for all characters my opponent has purchased
    What can they do with the energy they have now?
    Do I have the dice needed to achieve my win condition?
    Do I have the dice needed to counter their win condition?
    How many dice are in my bag?
    Roll dice using the above info to decide rerolls
    Do I have lethal?
    How many masks do I need for globals + 3 for PXG?
    Buy dice that help achieve my win condition or counter my opponents and never buy just to buy.
    Last edited by Walsh; 02-18-2015 at 11:02 PM.

Hey man, you're starting to encroach on the territory of NEXT week's podcast! But you're definitely on the right track with all of this, especially the MOST KEY ELEMENT - "Am I the aggressor or do I need to stabilize?"

Fans of MTG will recall an important and influential article from 1999 about exactly that entitled "Who's the beatdown?", and we're digging into that for our next show.

Failure to understand which role you are in (aggro or control) at a given point during the game is one of the biggest reasons for losing.

Spoilers!

Quote Originally Posted by TRPDave View Post
    Hey man, you're starting to encroach on the territory of NEXT week's podcast!
    This guy Walsh...he's good!

You have to read this with this in the background and your most aggressive Rex Kwan Do voice.

Buy dice that help achieve my win condition or counter my opponents and never buy just to buy.
    I think this is the trap I fall into too often. I think, "well, I don't have enough for X but I also need to save at least these 2 for PXG, so I guess I'll just buy Y." And it never fails to tick me off later.

It's probably the difference between rolling extra aggressively or not in some ways, but I feel like I am a pretty aggressive roller.

You have to read this with this in the background and your most aggressive Rex Kwan Do voice.
    LOL - Did you find my hidden message in the reply to your inspiration post? If not, take a closer look.

I think this is the trap I fall into too often. I think, "well, I don't have enough for X but I also need to save at least these 2 for PXG, so I guess I'll just buy Y." And it never fails to **** me off later.

It's probably the difference between rolling extra aggressively or not in some ways, but I feel like I am a pretty aggressive roller.
    I've won so many games by simply avoiding this pitfall! It really is a game changer imo

Hey man, you're starting to encroach on the territory of NEXT week's podcast!
    Hit me up anytime you feel like bouncing ideas off of someone! I'd love to help out with anything you need.
    Last edited by Walsh; 02-18-2015 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Walsh View Post
    LOL - Did you find my hidden message in the reply to your inspiration post? If not, take a closer look.
    Hahaha - well done!