Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Web Based Card Template

Web Based Card Template

I played with the card template created by a BGG user Cattlemark. First I converted it into parametrized card generator script and now I created a web interface to it.

It is currently available here http://dm.retrobox.eu/maker/maker.html

To get the original fonts rendered you need to have them installed on the system you are using the web app. The cost and copyright font is Futura and the title font is Matrix Bold. I may add ability to select custom fonts later.

I hope it works for you, as I had some trouble with using it through Chrome (random crashes), Firefox seems to work fine.

Here is an example of the result - full art Jocasta.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jocasta.jpg 
Views:	352 
Size:	469.0 KB 
ID:	1210

I've been messing with this and I love it. Need to find me some images.

Welp, there goes my productivity for the rest of the day week

Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    Oh nice.

Name:	card.png 
Views:	169 
Size:	678.2 KB 
ID:	1241
    You might see this card in Vassal Shortly. @nutki Amazing job. Thank yous o much for putting this together.

My son and I are working on a complete South Park set now. I love this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wargfn View Post
    You might see this card in Vassal Shortly. @nutki Amazing job. Thank yous o much for putting this together.
    That is inconceivable.

Views:	164 
Size:	976.1 KB 
ID:	1269

I was just messing around with it for fun. Here we go.

Views:	182 
Size:	712.3 KB 
ID:	1270

Quote Originally Posted by cbone3 View Post
    My son and I are working on a complete South Park set now. I love this.
    @cbone3 , you will have to share it when your done. Even if it just makes me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post

Love it. Disney villains line with Villain affiliation would be amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post

Really cool, but wouldn't his global be better as an action that can be activated whenever you could use a global? As how can anyone else use it? Or can my engaged guy use it to make Chernabog kill for him?

Nice to see this is getting some use. Your comments is what drives this project forward.

My next step would be to make it easier to save the designs in the app so they can be edited later. Also with this approach the images would have to be uploaded upfront, as there is no way to know the path from the file selector control in JavaScript (a security measure). But this is actually a good thing as it will work faster, no need to upload the image on every correction of the ability text.

Welp. Looks like I will be doing more work on my Peanuts set this weekend...

Now that the Vassal Dice Masters Module is broken into extensions, making it easy to turn them on and off. @simage wanted to start a Community Contributed card and dice selection. So to that end, we created a DiceMastersCommunityCustom.vmod, which is tucked away under the comments section for the Marvel Avengers vs. X-Men module page. I have been gathering cards after obtaining permission and pushing them into the module. Some of the cards use standard dice, some of them use custom dice, and some of them are not 100% complete, but you can play with them in some fashion.

My point is this, if you make cards. Hit me up with a PM pointing to the card images. I am not sure how many people will be taking cracks at cards, but in the least, I should be able to update the module once a week with new card posts. So in the very least, you can try out your cards. Obviously, right now, the demand is low, if it gets too big, we will have to re-evaluate it. However, if you make a themed set Quarriors sized, ~53 cards, I will absolutely push it into the Custom Module extension.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    That is inconceivable.

Views:	164 
Size:	976.1 KB 
ID:	1269
    I do not think that word means what you think it means -> http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Fil...ityCustom.vmod

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the text colour within the card generator?

How did you get the cup image for Vizzini's die?

Quote Originally Posted by jevansfp View Post
    How did you get the cup image for Vizzini's die?
    There is an option to Browse a file or URL for a Dice Image.

In my example I just cut out the Juggernaut dice face and the generator does the rest of the work for you.

Name:	Juggernaut.png 
Views:	202 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	1274

I don't like the way the white text appears but the card looks way better in a full art configuration.

If someone wants to be my hero and save me some time... create a folder in the gallery that has images of the affiliation logos. I will be making a Blue Lantern later today. Ready, set, go.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    If someone wants to be my hero and save me some time... create a folder in the gallery that has images of the affiliation logos. I will be making a Blue Lantern later today. Ready, set, go.
    There already is one, but it only has the ones from the released sets.