Hulk: Annihilator AvX 008 (2)
    Silver Surfer: Sky-Rider AvX 122 (1)
    Professor X: Trainer UXM 109 (1)
    -
    X-Men Midrange Control
    Teamwork/Distraction
    Beast: Mutate #666 AvX 003 (4)
    Angel: Inspiring UXM 002 (4)
    Quicksilver: Thanks to Isotope E UXM 020 (2)
    Kitty Pryde: Shadowcat UXM 015 (2)
    Storm: Wind-Rider AvX 092 (2)
    Namor: The Sub-Mariner UXM 048 (2)
    Cable: Time Traveler UXM 099 (2)
    Professor X: Trainer UXM 109 (2)
    -
    TMNT Control
    Distraction/Imprisoned
    Beast: Mutate #666 AvX 003 (4)
    Psylocke: Kwannon the Assassin UXM 110 (3)
    Cerebro: Supercomputer UXM 094 (3)
    Green Goblin: "Gobby" AvX 130 (4)
    Loki: Gem-Keeper AvX 111 (2)
    Kitty Pryde: Shadowcat UXM 015 (1)
    -
    Red Deck Wins
    Distraction/Invulnerability
    Beast: Genetic Expert AvX 002 (4)
    Black Widow: Tsarina AvX 129 (4)
    Kitty Pryde: Sprite UXM 014 (3)
    Green Goblin: "Gobby" AvX 130 (3)
    Human Torch: Johnny Storm AvX 78 (2)
    Iceman: Too Cool for Words UXM 009 (1)
    Last edited by Walsh; 02-18-2015 at 05:40 AM.

AVX Control I think lots of thing still lose to this, though it's been updated elsewhere for cross-set play.
    Beast: 666/Genetic Expert
    Storm: Wind Rider
    Human Torch: Johnny Blaze
    Gambit: Ace in the Hole
    Mr. Fantstic: Any (for the global)
    Silver Surver: Any (for the global)
    Green Goblin: Norman Osborne
    Hawkeye: Longbow

Frustrating to play against, but fun to pilot. I've played others with this and forced them to do so much on their turn that they actually forgot it was their turn and not my turn. For updated versions, use rare Psylock and Professor X: Trainer, and switch Beast to Genetic Expert, among other things.

You guys know analyzing strategy isn't my strength. So I' don't know what kind of deck this would be. I think aggro. But it's kinda control with the way you keep Hulk in the field, continually wiping out the opponent's defense. Is control by destruction considered aggro? I don't even know if this is the best build, but it's my build. And it's good. And I LOVE piloting this team more than any team I've played in this game.

Patch Avengers
    Enrage/Imprisoned
    Hulk Green Goliath (5)
    Black Widow Killer Instinct (4)
    Namor Atlantean (4)
    Nick Fury Patch (2)
    Professor X Training Young Mutants (1 for global)
    Pheonix Ms. Psyche (1 for global)
    Iceman Too Cool For Words (1 for global)
    Mjolnir Fist of the Righteous (1 for global)

I'm with Randy - strategy is not considered my strong suit by any stretch. However, I've been working on an effective Nasty Boy team because I love the theme and the Villain knock-out-y-ness.

Nasty Boyz
    Force Beam/Reckless Melee
    Mr. Sinister Nasty Boy (3)
    Iron Man Upright (1)
    Beast Genetic Expert (4)
    Angel Soaring (4)
    Mystique Rave Darkholme (3)
    Doctor Doom Nemesis (1)
    Green Goblin Norma Osborn (3)
    Professor X Trainer (1)

Nasty Boyz
    Force Beam/Reckless Melee
    Mr. Sinister Nasty Boy (3)
    Iron Man Upright (1)
    Beast Genetic Expert (4)
    Angel Soaring (4)
    Mystique Rave Darkholme (3)
    Doctor Doom Nemesis (1)
    Green Goblin Norma Osborn (3)
    Professor X Trainer (1)
    Have you thought about Storm - Lady Liberator instead of Mystique? She would combo with Force Beam and Reckless Melee for some solid damage and leave someone fielded on your side after the clear to swing through the nice empty field. She would also make it a bad idea for your opponent to buy your action dice.

Beast: 666/Genetic Expert
    Storm: Wind Rider
    Human Torch: Johnny Blaze
    Gambit: Ace in the Hole
    Mr. Fantastic: Any (for the global)
    Silver Surer: Any (for the global)
    Green Goblin: Norman Osborne
    Hawkeye: Longbow
    You know those matches where you won because you we're rolling more dice than your opponent each turn? This build seems like a great home for my Hulk - Annihilator concept. The idea is that once he is fielded, you are always getting max PGX each turn while your opponent still has to allocate resources to PGX on top of hoping to roll the masks needed. Once Hulk and Johnny are on the board, you are going to be rolling so many dice and anything you buy will go straight into Prep. With the solid control base and ramp fix this build seems like a great fit.

-Gambit: Ace in the Hole
    -Hawkeye: Longbow
    +Cerebro: Supercomputer
    +Hulk: Annihilator

Patch Avengers
    Enrage/Imprisoned
    Hulk Green Goliath (5)
    Black Widow Killer Instinct (4)
    Namor Atlantean (4)
    Nick Fury Patch (2)
    Professor X Training Young Mutants (1 for global)
    Pheonix Ms. Psyche (1 for global)
    Iceman Too Cool For Words (1 for global)
    Mjolnir Fist of the Righteous (1 for global)
    The only change I would make here is Hawkeye - Robin Hood for Namor. While I do respect his ability, the viability in this Relentless saturated meta is questionable and I am a stickler about sequencing my buys. I would have issues sequencing a Namor buy in when Patch is so important and Hawkeye hits so damn hard for so cheap. He is also the only character so far with first strike which keeps him as a solid attacker who cannot be removed with chump blocks and a blocker who is very hard to get past.

I play a Wall-Crawler build as my competitive deck however as it was already featured in an article and with Nats looming I am keeping it a bit closer to the chest now. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Walsh View Post
    Have you thought about Storm - Lady Liberator instead of Mystique? She would combo with Force Beam and Reckless Melee for some solid damage and leave someone fielded on your side after the clear to swing through the nice empty field. She would also make it a bad idea for your opponent to buy your action dice.
    That's a good call. Honestly, I tend to write off Storm due to the fact that I'm hardly planning to be 'beat' by action dice, but this makes sense. Thanks.

I've been toying with a fist blocker control team and this is the cross-set version. Not sure how much I like it, I've only theory crafted it. It focuses on removal (whether by making something attack, using Psylocke, or other similar shenanigans) and blocker control. Fist, splash mask for removal and globals, add Surfer for the global as well.

Dave that build screams Toad - Tongue Lashing to me. ^.^

I'm working on some Toad stuff. I'm not a huge fan of tongue lashing but of course I see it's potential usefulness here in taking care of sidekicks. I wouldn't want it to happen until I WANT it to happen, and that's difficult to time in this game. The other thing is that other characters I can buy definitely let me impact a blocker, whereas Toad only matters if sidekicks are present. He might hit 2+, but he might hit 0. I almost prefer the sure thing in a game that otherwise deals with the randomness of dice.

If I'm mixing sets, I like U-Toad or R-Toad with the Mr. F global and U-Red Hulk. But that's still in its infancy; it's not as elegant as Torch/Hulk. Not yet, anyway.

Makes me wonder how double edged the Venom sword would be in reality. Sure in theory they have unlimited fists at the right times to roll your stuff down but in reality I bet you swing through as often. If that burst Venom sticks, keeps the board clear and increases everyone's damage it's a pretty huge swing. I've seen the mini version of that meta in the Spider-Bomb variant I play which has Venom and Tsarina as well. Rarely does something get spun down at a bad time and even if it does it tends to not matter

Quote Originally Posted by Walsh View Post
    The only change I would make here is Hawkeye - Robin Hood for Namor. While I do respect his ability, the viability in this Relentless saturated meta is questionable and I am a stickler about sequencing my buys. I would have issues sequencing a Namor buy in when Patch is so important and Hawkeye hits so damn hard for so cheap. He is also the only character so far with first strike which keeps him as a solid attacker who cannot be removed with chump blocks and a blocker who is very hard to get past.
    I do like the idea of first strike Hawkeye. I honestly hadn't considered him. I will give it a try.

I think Namor will gain more usefulness as Relentless phases out and more actions become an important part of gameplay as Dice Masters evolves.