Thread: Silver dice in boxed sets?

Silver dice in boxed sets?

Has anyone bought the premiere boxed sets? I saw they come with silver sidekick dice and action dice. Do they all come with the same colors?

The Collector's Boxes come with:

• 8 silver Sidekick dice.
    • 3 each of 4 colours of Basic Action dice (colours match those found in the Starter Set for the same set as the Collector's Box is from).
    • 4 Colour Indicator cards (one each for the 4 Basic Action die colours).
    • 10 Basic Action cards (identical to those found in the Starter Set for the same set as the Collector's Box is from).
    • 1 felt Dice Bag.
    • 4 random Booster Packs (from the same set as the Collector's Box is from).
    • 2 plastic Trays (for storing dice on).
    • 1 complete Set Checklist (for the same set as the Collector's Box is from).
    • 1 Alternate Art card (from the same set as the Collector's Box is from).
    Last edited by Scorpion0x17; 06-22-2015 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    The Collector's Boxes come with:

• 8 silver Sidekick dice.
    • 3 each of 4 colours of Basic Action dice (colours match those found in the Starter Set for the same set as the Collector's Box is from).
    • 4 Colour Indicator cards (one each for the 4 Basic Action die colours).
    • 10 Basic Action cards (identical to those found in the Starter Set for the same set as the Collector's Box is from).
    • 1 felt Dice Bag.
    • 4 random Booster Packs (from the same set as the Collector's Box is from).
    • 2 plastic Trays (for storing dice on).
    • 1 complete Set Checklist (for the same set as the Collector's Box is from).
    You say "Silver" I say Gray.
    The 2 plastic trays are actually one plastic tray with one lid that can double as a sorting tray, but if you put dice in the lid, it won't close.
    All in all, I do love the collector boxes. I buy one with every set them make them for. I buy duplicates for the sets that don't have them.

Quote Originally Posted by Critenstein View Post
    The 2 plastic trays are actually one plastic tray with one lid that can double as a sorting tray, but if you put dice in the lid, it won't close.
    I put dice on the "lid" and I have no issues closing any of my boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalFirefly View Post
    I put dice on the "lid" and I have no issues closing any of my boxes.
    Me neither, and I have both lids full of dice in the 2 I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Critenstein View Post
    You say "Silver" I say Gray.
    I think they are more of a "pearlescent blue-gray". Nice looking dice anyway.

I bought 1 collector's box...it is okay. As far as the content of the box goes, other than the 1 Alt-Art card that it comes with, there is nothing in those boxes that is unique to the box set...nothing that you really need that doesn't already come in the Starter.

The storage solution it provides is just okay for me as well. I do fit 2 layers of dice in the box, one on the black tray and one on the "lid" and I don't have any problems closing the box. I just dont like how it is so generic looking.

I have always thought that they had an opportunity provide you something really unique that would appeal to a true collector for each set, and they just didn't bother. They could have customized the tray for each set to include a specific spot for each character that only fit the max amount of dice you would need for each iteration of that character or something...I would have really liked that and would have continued to buy the boxes.

At this point, I'm finding other storage solutions...the nice looking dice, mediocre storage solution and the Alt-Art card isn't enough for me to get into it.

Can't believe I forgot the alt-art card!

(Have now updated my post.)

And, I used the word 'silver' because that is the word the OP used, to describe the dice.

(I would call them pearlescent blue-grey.)

And I too have no problem closing the box with dice in the top tray/lid.

Without the Alt Art Card, I doubt I would purchase any of the 'collector's' boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by RCAbney View Post
    I was staring at a UXM box the other day at the comic store and debating with myself on whether or not to get it. I figured if nothing else it'll have that promo card. When I got home I opened it up and remembered that it came with four boosters and immediately pulled the Iron Man SR from the first pack.
    I pulled the same card from mine!

It was pretty funny, as I completely missed the sticker that told me that the packs were under the black tray... so I'm like "Wait, where are these packs that I'm supposed to get?" and looked under the tray anyway in my search.

Does anyone know what color action dice come with the Justice League and AVX boxes?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry_Damage01 View Post
    Does anyone know what color action dice come with the Justice League and AVX boxes?
    The same colours as you get in the respective Starter Sets.

AvX: Blue, Green, 'Gold', Red.
    JuL: Blue, Green, Purple, Red.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    The same colours as you get in the respective Starter Sets.

AvX: Blue, Green, 'Gold', Red.
    JuL: Blue, Green, Purple, Red.
    Thank you very much. I'll probably get the AvX one this weekend.