Thread: Article: **UPDATED** Spoilers: Everything We Know about War of Light

The War of Light set is starting to shape up. I love the new keep energy in your Reserve Pool for Buffs.

Yeah WoL is becoming my fav! I think that Batman and Big Entrance BA will synergize well together. Play that basic action and buy something big for less and put it into your bag, then use the Batman Global and get it out of your bag automatically (if timed well)!
    Then attack with Bats again and you get to do it again next turn!

I just want to point out that 21 of the Characters for this set have been leaked: ->
    Batman, Beast Boy, Black Lantern Aquaman, The Flash, Guy Gardner, Hal Jordan, John Stewart, Kyle Rayner, Lantern Battery, Larfleeze, Lex Luthor, Lyssa Drak, Mera, Miri Riam, Phallax, Raven (at least in Promo), Sinestro, Starfire, Warth, Wonder Girl, Wonder Woman have all had confirmed cards.

I also suspect we will see a regular Aquaman, at least a Black Lantern Superman, and Mongul. I am also hoping for Ganthet. I suspect that there will not be an Atrocitus due to the number of Beast Boy. A Teen Titan Robin would be a great promo card for the Teen Titans Organized Play.

Based on the starter set dice symbol it is highly likely that Anti-Monitor will make an appearance (and we know that there must be a starter character alphabetically preceding Batman). Also an article hinted that the other black lantern characters Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman.

One more thing: the rare Warth card number is 133 so second last rare, but it should be followed by both Wonder Woman and Wonder Girl, so it seems there is another card numbering reshuffle (possibly like in JL where SR cards have no rare version - though it does not seem to match the actual occurrence).

Quote Originally Posted by Wargfn View Post
    Phallax
    Parallax?

Quote Originally Posted by Wargfn View Post
    I also suspect we will see a regular Aquaman, at least a Black Lantern Superman, and Mongul. I am also hoping for Ganthet. I suspect that there will not be an Atrocitus due to the number of Beast Boy.
    I doubt we'll see another Aquaman. If you take Gar to be common #39, then 35 = Anti-Monitor; 36 = The Atom; 37 = Atrocitus; 38 = Batman.
    We've already seen Atrocitus' die, so I'm not sure how you can discount him. It's more likely we won't see Arkillo, if Beast Boy is #39.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    I think Flash's ability is triggered by a "Green Lantern", and not just any lantern.
    I like the attachment of your desktop, by the way
    Yeah, you're right - I couldn't see the circle at first, but the generic lantern symbols have no logos so yeah. Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by nutki View Post
    Based on the starter set dice symbol it is highly likely that Anti-Monitor will make an appearance (and we know that there must be a starter character alphabetically preceding Batman).
    The starter set is confirmed by retailer solicitations:
    Anti-Monitor (#'s 1-3)
    Batman (4-6)
    Guy Gardner (7-9)
    Hal Jordan (10-12)
    John Stewart (13-15)
    Kyle Rayner (16-18)
    Lex Luthor (19-21)
    Sinestro (22-24)
    BAC (25-34)

One more thing: the rare Warth card number is 133 so second last rare, but it should be followed by both Wonder Woman and Wonder Girl, so it seems there is another card numbering reshuffle (possibly like in JL where SR cards have no rare version - though it does not seem to match the actual occurrence).
    JL wasn't terribly consistent in their selection of rare/uncommon counterparts for their SR's. For that matter, they couldn't keep Aquaman & The Atom consistent, alphabetically. Our numbering guesses can easily be thrown off by any number of underpaid or nonexistent editors on the card file at WizKids yet again.

That said,
    133 - Warth (Rare)
    134 - Wonder Girl (Rare)
    135 - SR#1
    136 - SR#2
    137 - Starfire (Super Rare)
    138 - Wonder Woman (Super Rare)
    139 - Black Lantern Aquaman (Chase Super Rare)
    140 - Black Lantern Batman (Chase Super Rare)
    141 - Black Lantern Superman (Chase Super Rare)
    142 - Black Lantern Wonder Woman (Chase Super Rare)

...seems to make the most sense (so far).

That does seem logical. We'll be adding more when cards themselves are spoiled

So, right now, I have 33 Characters plugged into Vassal. So that leaves us 7 - 10 characters at most unknown. I almost forgot, HATS OFF and HUGE PRAISE for the guys maintaining the WIKI. OMG it is great!

"Guy Gardner, Kyle Rayner, John Stewart, Sinestro, Anti-Monitor, Batman, Sinestro, Hal Jordan"

Sinestro sub theme confirmed, 2 start sinestros. Welcome to dc war of sinestros

Another thing we learned from the photos is that the misprint of the lv3 Hal Jordan stats (2/5/6) is only in the promo materials. The actual printed card has 1/5/6 just like the die and like JL Green Lantern.
    Wait, there are more misprints like that, after the freaking Star-Lord wrong energy *mutters...* that they had to errata even BEFORE release?

This is starting to get past any possible "positivity" or "positive spin" one could put on this company.

And I haven't even read the rest of the topic, I was about to and this just caught my eye.

That being said, I imagine I'll be pre-ordering two gravity feeds.

But it is nice to always know I have at least a couple extra weeks to pre-order.
    Last edited by SlapsterMcFlash; 07-10-2015 at 05:46 PM.

We play DC vs Marvel themed matches, so I'm slightly disappointed with the theme of this set. I mean, I like it, but I'd prefer to see this theme as a later release. We need to flesh out some of the current affiliations before we go into purple/indigo lanterns. We still only have five JSA members for Pete's sake, meanwhile teams like Avengers and X-Men are freakin' stacked. And I wish John Stewart and Guy Gardner were Green Lanterns...ugh.
    Last edited by SHAZAM!; 07-31-2015 at 07:44 AM.

I can't wait to get my hands on this! Looks like some very interesting interactions in-set. Should be a lot of fun to draft. I'm curious how this set is going to fit into the broader DM universe and how it affects the meta. Best of all are the Teen Titans- my all time favorite super hero team.