Thread: Deadpool win condition - need a little help

Deadpool win condition - need a little help

I have been thinking about using Deadpool - Jack and Ant-man's global to hit hard.

I wanted to use kolob for ramp and human paladin for protection

I felt that anger issues would be a good fit with Deadpool and help towards my win condition.

Now I am stuck on where to go from here. I am open to any suggestions and ideas,

If your goal is to set up a deadpool + anger issues beatdown strategy, consider using or instead of jack. If you are boosting him with ant-man's global, chances are he will kill whatever is in front of him, especially with anger issues making his attack 10+. The common allows you to force blockers at a cheaper purchase cost, while the rare lets you wipe the field of little guys after he overcrushes his blocker of choice.

Consider some characters with higher total fielding costs if you are worries about imprisoned, because at the moment, it could capture your entire team. You can also try squeezing in since he goes together with kobolds like butter does with bread, and supplies you with an alternate win condtion.

This also just gave me a trolly idea for a ridiculous kill shot.

+ + = a 12+ attack overcrusher that also deals 12 damage to the opponent when blocked and not knocked out. Oh my.

That uncommon Obelisk with Overcrush. I want to make it happen now.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    That uncommon Obelisk with Overcrush. I want to make it happen now.
    I've already sent it to the prep area guys lol. Maybe I'll try something with it tomorrow :P

I went with jack over the other Deadpools due to overcrush only working if the character is KO'd, jack would work against charactors that don't take damage in the attack phase. I do like obelisk combo.

Also think of adding

But if you're going for the overcrush concept. You might want to look at with helps make sure someone blocks him.

You can also have obelisk on that team.

Quote Originally Posted by Jar_99 View Post
    I went with jack over the other Deadpools due to overcrush only working if the character is KO'd...
    I don't think that works how you think it works.

Jack dealing damage at the end of the turn does not mean he will Overcrush when blocked by a character that does not take damage, say.

One of the guys at Worlds was running a team around Obelisk, GAF and Anger Issues. Don't remember all of the pieces, he also had Kobolds, Cone of Cold and the Blade Knight that gets Overcrush if he attacks alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    I don't think that works how you think it works.

Jack dealing damage at the end of the turn does not mean he will Overcrush when blocked by a character that does not take damage, say.
    You are correct about Jack not dealing damage by himself, though when paired with overcrush you are almost guaranteed to due damage, due to KOing the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Jar_99 View Post
    You are correct about Jack not dealing damage by himself, though when paired with overcrush you are almost guaranteed to due damage, due to KOing the character.
    Except that Jack's ability kicks in at the end of the turn.

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    Except that Jack's ability kicks in at the end of the turn.
    This. And if I'm not mistaken, it played a role in the way @alleyviper constructed his team for world's.

I would use the common Deadpool, solely because of his cheaper cost. Chiyonosake's possibility of field clearing is nice and all, but he's more expensive and the idea is the overcrush dealing the damage. You haven't cleared your opponents board before your potential other attackers are getting blocked and only giving you're opponent the opportunity to get more energy out in the next turn. As Overcrush with Deadpool will never finish you're opponent off before he has the possibility to retaliate(if you rush the combo).

I saw this idea and was inspired! I have always loved Deadpool in this game, and this gave me the idea that I could make him work with the right globals.
    The bad thing about Ant-Man's global is that it makes Deadpool very easy to knock out. While that's not really a problem most of the time, I want something even more consistent...

BEHOLD!

The intent is pretty clear: ramp hard with Kobolds, use them to buy Deadpool, grab Villainous Pact to stop 90% of blockers with Deadpool to snag the remainder, swing with a bunch of characters and steal my opponent's attack values with Transfer Power. Even if they don't provide us with high attack values, we can use Black Manta + Katana to get the damage we need and Deadpool is a fantastic wall in addition to tying up blockers. You can also use his ridiculous defense as targeted removal by pulling characters into blocking him and then transferring their attack to Deadpool. Human Paladin is key to making sure they can't steal attack values back, making for an absolutely silly efficient setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromanticer View Post

The intent is pretty clear: ramp hard with Kobolds, use them to buy Deadpool, grab Villainous Pact to stop 90% of blockers with Deadpool to snag the remainder, swing with a bunch of characters and steal my opponent's attack values with Transfer Power. Even if they don't provide us with high attack values, we can use Black Manta + Katana to get the damage we need and Deadpool is a fantastic wall in addition to tying up blockers. You can also use his ridiculous defense as targeted removal by pulling characters into blocking him and then transferring their attack to Deadpool. Human Paladin is key to making sure they can't steal attack values back, making for an absolutely silly efficient setup.
    Necro, I like the team and the idea, but I feel that katana isn't getting her full potential and that Constantine is a waste in this case. I would swap him for another low cost villain that adds something else to the team. Perhaps, Cheetah or a Green Goblin in this case (until AoU is released). This would give Katana a few more attack points that could allow some more pain for your opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by bahamut7 View Post
    Necro, I like the team and the idea, but I feel that katana isn't getting her full potential and that Constantine is a waste in this case. I would swap him for another low cost villain that adds something else to the team. Perhaps, Cheetah or a Green Goblin in this case (until AoU is released). This would give Katana a few more attack points that could allow some more pain for your opponent.
    That's the thing, Katana is definitely not being used to her maximum potential, but is acting as a secondary win condition. The mainstay of this team is centered around Transfer Power and Villainous pact. Katana is hanging around simply to act as a cheap beatstick if my opponent doesn't bring anything strong. Constantine is there for cheap shields that I don't mind being on the field. If I'm being honest, I would love for his slot to be the Super Rare version for maximum effectiveness, but I put down the uncommon because I refuse to use the traditionally OP cards in any team I make. The only other good character that fills that 2-cost shield slot is Zombie - Greater Undead for if I run up against a manipulative overcrush team.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromanticer View Post
    That's the thing, Katana is definitely not being used to her maximum potential, but is acting as a secondary win condition. The mainstay of this team is centered around Transfer Power and Villainous pact. Katana is hanging around simply to act as a cheap beatstick if my opponent doesn't bring anything strong. Constantine is there for cheap shields that I don't mind being on the field. If I'm being honest, I would love for his slot to be the Super Rare version for maximum effectiveness, but I put down the uncommon because I refuse to use the traditionally OP cards in any team I make. The only other good character that fills that 2-cost shield slot is Zombie - Greater Undead for if I run up against a manipulative overcrush team.
    Ok, that makes sense with her as a secondary win condition.