Thread: Beholder Master Aberration valid trigger Question

Beholder Master Aberration valid trigger Question

Per Rules Forum post:

[I]dix4 wrote:
    Master Aberration text : If this is the first die assigned to attack this turn, you may immediately use each of the basic action dice abilities, without bursts, once, as if you had rolled those dice.

Assigning Beholder to attack, and using the basic abilities, will that trigger Lex Luthor Former President? Whenever you use a basic action die, roll it. If it is an action face, add it to your Prep Area. Can I roll the unbought action dices?

Angel Soaring text is "If you used" an action, The Flash says "If you played". Both trigged I presume.

And do I have to play all four basic abilities, or I can pick and choose?

1) Regarding Luthor, you may not roll those dice to try and purchase them for free.
    2) This will trigger Angel or Flash.
    3) You must use all 4. The "may" refers to using each of the BAC abilities.
    -The Dice Masters Rules Team[/I
    ]

Can someone clarify comment 3. It appears to me to conflict with itself.

You may or may not use all 4. It's all or nothing.

Edit: that's how I interpret that anyways. Could be wrong.

That's how I'm reading it, too.

If that's the case, Fireball would be an instant stop to the Beholder/Imprisoned AiA combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    You may or may not use all 4. It's all or nothing.

Edit: that's how I interpret that anyways. Could be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by alleyviper View Post
    That's how I'm reading it, too.
    Thanks. That makes total sense. I have not been using this ability correct.

I'm curious how this would impact the AiA (Apologies in Advance) team referenced here? Or is this how most players were already interpreting the ability?

That's interesting, I didn't realize you were required to use all of the BACs.

How does that work with BACs which lack valid targets? e.g.

If your opponent has no characters in play and you have only Beholder, does his ability fizzle? If you have a valid target in Used, are you forced to Polymorph your Beholder into Used?

Quote Originally Posted by digitallimit View Post
    If your opponent has no characters in play and you have only Beholder, does his ability fizzle? If you have a valid target in Used, are you forced to Polymorph your Beholder into Used?
    With the way they've ruled on it, yep to both. If Beholder's the only thing in play and one of the BACs is Casulaties, it just goes off and does nothing at all. If your own Beholder is the only thing for Polymorph to target, you're SOL (unless you've got a nice beatstick waiting in used for you). Keep these things in mind before you choose to attack.

What a weird card. I should play with it more often.

The all or nothing is new to me, but than again I only have one team that uses the Beholder.