Thread: Forum Launch Contest Feedback

Forum Launch Contest Feedback

So I've been brainstorming ideas and working on cementing a compelling and interesting Forum Launch Contest. Here's what I've got.

It's a raffle-type contest, so you get "tickets" (+1) by performing certain actions. At the end of the contest, I'll digitally draw out the winners via some random pick software. Here's how you get tickets:

+1 for joining TRP Forum
    +1 for checking in at the official Forum Launch Contest thread
    +3 for you for referring a friend
    +1 for you if you confirm your referrer

Obviously we want people to refer people, as word of mouth and direct invitation will be the best and quickest way to grow.

So what do you win? Well, here goes.

Grand Prize:
    1 Custom TRP Playmat (currently in design)
    1 Yu-Gi-Oh! Super Rare - Winged Dragon of Ra, Blaze Cannon
    6 x Random TRP Grab Bag Rares
    6 x Random Foil Packs - UXM or YGO (and possibly or D&D depending upon release)

Runner-Up Prize
    1 Yu-Gi-Oh! Playmat
    4 x Random TRP Grab Bag Rares
    4 x Random Foil Packs

Honorable Mention Prizes x 3
    2 x Random TRP Grab Bag Rares
    2 x Random Foil Packs

So 5 total winners for a mess of prizes listed here.

What do you guys think?

Really good idea.

What do you think of the prizes? Do you think these are good/decent/lame? Would you be happy to win one of these or think, "Meh, I don't want any of these nor do I care about them"?

I think the custom mat is awesome and the rest are decent. Cards are okay but one of a kind items are one of a kind!
    What about a custom full size mat for first place and a custom mouse pad mat for runner-up?

Quote Originally Posted by Walsh View Post
    I think the custom mat is awesome and the rest are decent. Cards are okay but one of a kind items are one of a kind!
    What about a custom full size mat for first place and a custom mouse pad mat for runner-up?
    Great idea, Walsh.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostRyderBlue View Post
    Prizes sound good to me. Don't know if I am the best judge though because I am happy to win anything. Maybe a choice if they want Yugioh! If possible
    Cool. Yeah, good thinking.

inkedplaymats.com did mine, I design them as well, I will put something together for your review.

I love the idea of a custom mat. Or any mat really. The mats are a luxury for me as just use an 8x11.5 sheet of paper with my playing field printed on it. It keeps my costs down and fits perfectly in the pocket of my card binder.

That being said...if I ever won or were gifted a mat...I'd totally use the hell out of it.