Thread: American Dragons

American Dragons

Since my FLGS is having an all commons event on July 4th, I thought I would make a team that would be patriotic, AND maybe do well. It's a smash-up of two other popular team types.

http://dm.retrobox.eu/?view&cards=2x...ican%20Dragons

The plan for this team is to make big saucy sidekicks. While making those saucy sidekicks, use Red Dragon's global to buy some Pick Your Battles and Prismatic Spray. When enough sidekicks are saucy, then use Blue Dragon to KO all of my opponent's sidekicks and waltz thru unblocked using Pick Your Battles.

All with a patriotic flying lizard flair!

I realize there are problems with this team, but in order to stay thematic... compromises were made.

But, aside from obvious flaws, what's everyone think? I know it may not be a tourney winner, but will it look sassy and great?

I think you should go full-on with the theme and take out Green Goblin and Prismatic Spray, which aren't red, white, or blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    I think you should go full-on with the theme and take out Green Goblin and Prismatic Spray, which aren't red, white, or blue.
    I don't think these are THAT much against a USA Theme.

Prismatic Spray is to commemorate the historic decision by the Supreme Court on Friday.

Goblin Lord is the CEO of a giant business, and there is nothing that America loves more than an insane and murderous head of a massive corporation. Lex Luthor and Batman would also have worked here... at least Batman how I play him on the Arkham games.

Quote Originally Posted by OddballNarwhal View Post
    Goblin Lord is the CEO of a giant business, and there is nothing that America loves more than an insane and murderous head of a massive corporation.
    He was actually elected president on Earth-9997.

I love this though. You don't even need to worry about completely clearing the board with pick your battles. But, you still have the option of breath weapon for board clear if you just can't get to the action side.

I think you should pick the blue dragon that relentlesses a target instead of this one. You can't spray your opponent without losing your sidekicks if Blue dragon is on the field and gobby/angle aren't. Breath weapon already does what you are trying to get out of this dragon, only without hurting you. Lastly, combined with pick your battles, you can bypass a fist heavy kobold/tsarina team and blue dragon the lone Constantine out of cap/angel's way.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    I think you should pick the blue dragon that relentlesses a target instead of this one. You can't spray your opponent without losing your sidekicks if Blue dragon is on the field and gobby/angle aren't. Breath weapon already does what you are trying to get out of this dragon, only without hurting you. Lastly, combined with pick your battles, you can bypass a fist heavy kobold/tsarina team and blue dragon the lone Constantine out of cap/angel's way.
    Good call. PYB is mostly to let nasty saucy sidekicks through after being bumped up by the Goblin/Cap/Stargirl trio, but an additional everlasting block-stopper is a good idea.

I understand the theme you are going for, and I'm not sure this will work for it, but try red eyes black dragon - Inferno Blast. This will give you a very interesting use for sidekick dice after you have fielded them.

Quote Originally Posted by bahamut7 View Post
    I understand the theme you are going for, and I'm not sure this will work for it, but try red eyes black dragon - Inferno Blast. This will give you a very interesting use for sidekick dice after you have fielded them.
    I thought about ol' Red-Eyes... but, as you said, I'm not sure he fits the theme. Besides, if I spend all of that work getting them pumped up to 4/4 sidekicks... I want to attack or block with them. Red-Eyes just eats them as human spinach.

Just to confirm, you're allowed to use Starter Set characters, right?

I was also going to jump on you for Gobby, but your reasoning for including him is hilarious and perfect. <3.

Quote Originally Posted by RJRETRO View Post
    Just to confirm, you're allowed to use Starter Set characters, right?

I was also going to jump on you for Gobby, but your reasoning for including him is hilarious and perfect. <3.
    We can totes use starter characters. Anything with a Gray rarity stripe is fair game.

I use him as an alternative on my sidekick team considering I don't own Falcon that makes sidekicks unblockable.