Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Article: Tournament Report: S&S Open, Morgantown WV

  1. #1

  2. #2
    That is an awesome use of gobby. Thanks for the tourney report. These reports are always a great read with lots of information and ideas to build and mold.

  3. #3
    I love stuff like this. Alanna and I followed along and she was pumped to hear Lauren did well too.

    Those Kobolds, man...!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by RJRETRO View Post
    I love stuff like this. Alanna and I followed along and she was pumped to hear Lauren did well too.

    Those Kobolds, man...!
    Human Paladin can't even help enough, because Johnny Storm just pings him away.

  5. #5
    The OP Dwarf Cleric is my go-to anti-Kobold card right now.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by alleyviper View Post
    The OP Dwarf Cleric is my go-to anti-Kobold card right now.
    Totally agree. With those defensive stats, reasonable purchase cost, and a great ability to boot, he's definitely a hidden gem right now (or at least he was before the world champ said he plays with him!).

  7. #7
    He's also fantastic anti-Overcrush to boot.

  8. #8
    For those interested, my team list:
    Anger Issues
    Transfer Power
    Kobold - Greater Humanoid x4 (of course)
    Constantine - Hellblazer x2
    Stirge - Epic Beast x4
    Black Canary - Canary Cry x3
    Human Torch - Johnny Storm x2
    Prismatic Spray - Lesser Spell x2
    Human Paladin - Lesser Emerald Enclave x1
    Venom - Angelo Fortunato x2

    Venom was the new addition since worlds. I got that idea from Dane at our previous weekend's event where he was playing around with Kobolds. Currently liking him in the lineup much more than Iron Man or BEWD who have sat in that slot at some point.

    Now time to start chewing on AoU builds.

    -Trubie

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexei View Post

    Now time to start chewing on AoU builds.

    -Trubie
    Thought the changes were spot on.

    We still have one more constructed event before AoU, so one more romp in the current meta. Hoping it's a good one!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexei View Post
    For those interested, my team list:
    Anger Issues
    Transfer Power
    Kobold - Greater Humanoid x4 (of course)
    Constantine - Hellblazer x2
    Stirge - Epic Beast x4
    Black Canary - Canary Cry x3
    Human Torch - Johnny Storm x2
    Prismatic Spray - Lesser Spell x2
    Human Paladin - Lesser Emerald Enclave x1
    Venom - Angelo Fortunato x2

    Venom was the new addition since worlds. I got that idea from Dane at our previous weekend's event where he was playing around with Kobolds. Currently liking him in the lineup much more than Iron Man or BEWD who have sat in that slot at some point.

    Now time to start chewing on AoU builds.

    -Trubie
    Trubie, what do you think about swap to rare kobolt? I'm trying some builds with him instead of uncommon one, and it seems like the difference in cost is negligible.
    Also, I play polymorph instead of anger issues and Gobby+BEWD instead of Skirge and Venom. I dont have Skirge atm thats why I made those changes, and I think that Anger issue is redundant with transfer power and not really that game changing, but I can be very, very wrong I guess.
    Could you give me some tips for building better list?
    Is skirge mandatory in your opinion and should I really stick to your version?
    I play a lot against kinda controllish lists.

    Btw I love Your out-of-the-box design of this list, great work as a teambuilder!

    Greetings
    Sqee

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by sqeeswy View Post
    Trubie, what do you think about swap to rare kobolt? I'm trying some builds with him instead of uncommon one, and it seems like the difference in cost is negligible.
    Also, I play polymorph instead of anger issues and Gobby+BEWD instead of Skirge and Venom. I dont have Skirge atm thats why I made those changes, and I think that Anger issue is redundant with transfer power and not really that game changing, but I can be very, very wrong I guess.
    Could you give me some tips for building better list?
    Is skirge mandatory in your opinion and should I really stick to your version?
    I play a lot against kinda controllish lists.

    Btw I love Your out-of-the-box design of this list, great work as a teambuilder!

    Greetings
    Sqee
    With more people running the Human Paladin, switching to the rare Kobold isn't a bad change, but I still prefer the 1 cost. It's just so much easier to squeeze them in with other buys and stay energy efficient.

    As for anger issues being redundant with transfer power, I don't think extra damage is ever a bad thing, and with all the extra fist energy I've got floating around its good to have someplace to dump it. A Stirge slipping through with my opponent's hulk's strength and like 3 or 4 more from anger issues is always nice... But if you aren't playing Stirge it may not be as useful to you. With all the low cost characters though, I'm not sure how good polymorph is for you... Well except with AoU and GiantMan, polymorph could be hugely more useful then.

    My problem with Gobby and BEWD: More often than not I felt like having BEWD in my list, I was helping my opponent more than myself. I'm not trying to reach for an expensive character early, but I'm giving my opponent a means to do so. And Gobby in the team, for me I would feel like it would pollute my early buys. However, that's more personal preference... I'm not really going for the early pressure, and Gobby would just get in my way of the board state I'm trying to build towards, but he could a decent diversion with your opponent going overboard trying to shut him down while you build to other things.

    ... And now I feel like I'm talking in circles.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •