Thread: Very Rough Trading Logic

Very Rough Trading Logic

I've been using a very rough trading logic of the following...1 card rarity level up = 10 cards rarity level down.

So this would mean...

1 Super Rare = 10 Rare
    1 Rare = 10 Uncommon
    1 Uncommon = 10 Common (I very rarely trade with commons involved, but just wanted to extend the logic)

I've also roughly been using the rule of 1 Rare = 2 OP cards

This is a very rough logic...and I know there will always be exceptions to every rule (BEWD for example, or hard to find OPs, or other particularly gameplay useful Rares)...but does this logic make sense to you folks? Anyone see it differently?

BTW...I'm really looking for that THOR OP "The Mighty". I might be convinced to break my logic a bit for that one.

Personally it's whatever the two parties agree on.

I try to do like-for-like whenever possible. Aside from that, if I really need a reference I'll generally look at CSI prices. Most SRs (other that the "good" ones) go for maybe $20-25. Most Rares are about $5. So maybe 4-5 Rares for a SR, but even that can be different depending on what people want or need.

I try to do money equivalent trades.

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    I try to do like-for-like whenever possible. Aside from that, if I really need a reference I'll generally look at CSI prices. Most SRs (other that the "good" ones) go for maybe $20-25. Most Rares are about $5. So maybe 4-5 Rares for a SR, but even that can be different depending on what people want or need.
    Yeah...I've done that too...but, particularly in the Super Rare example, I think it is hard to compare what you'd have to pay $$$ to get vs. trade a card to get. While you can buy a rare for $5 from CSI, you couldn't sell one to CSI for the same dollars. I know the same is true for Super Rares, but the actual rarity of pulling them from boosters, just seems to be worth more that 5 Rare cards to me.

I haven't actually traded a SR yet for anything other than another SR, but I am currently negotiating one...so we'll see where that goes.

Generally I think it is closer to 5 or 6 rare cards for a super rare. Obviously some super rare or rare cards are worth more than others. OP prizes depend on if they are participation prizes or from winning an event.

I'm with @Scum on this one, the system seems kind of arbitrary. It makes more sense imo to work out rough values of cards and trade equally. By this logic, you could say that my black widow: Tsarina is worth 10 rare copies of The Thing.

Also, @Meatman , I have a spare copy of OP Thor: The Mighty if you are interested. Check my trades list on the forum or pm me a list of stuff you have available for trade or something.

I look for equivalent value, usually using the lowest eBay BIN value.