Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Double Sleeving Quick Question

  1. #1

    Double Sleeving Quick Question

    I'm 99% sure that this is what I've been using, but I want to make sure it's right before buying more: regular size, clear Dragon Shield as the inner shell, and an Ultra Pro, regular size, thinner and larger sleeve as the outer shell. Are those both right? Sound funny to anyone? I know I've been using Dragon Shield as the inner shell, I just can't remember what I was using on the outside because I had so many loose. Thanks.

  2. #2

  3. #3

  4. #4

  5. #5

  6. #6
    The KMC Perfect Size you link to are perfectly fitting--no space around the card, so as long as the other sleeves you buy are "normal" (i.e., have a little bit of extra width/height), they'll be fine when paired with the KMCs.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    The KMC Perfect Size you link to are perfectly fitting--no space around the card, so as long as the other sleeves you buy are "normal" (i.e., have a little bit of extra width/height), they'll be fine when paired with the KMCs.
    I ordered clear Dragon Shields with the KMC Perfect Size - seven 100 packs of each. Both clear. According to reviews on both, they work together. Thanks.

  8. #8
    I have never double sleeved.

    You know you can just edit instead of reply to yourself a zillion times, right ?

  9. #9

  10. #10

  11. #11

  12. #12
    I double sleeve and use KMC Perfect fit as the inside sleeve. The other sleeve I use different ones. I've got my sleeves that look like a magic card on the back and I just got in my VS Galactus sleeves that I can't wait to use.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry_Damage01 View Post
    I double sleeve and use KMC Perfect fit as the inside sleeve. The other sleeve I use different ones. I've got my sleeves that look like a magic card on the back and I just got in my VS Galactus sleeves that I can't wait to use.
    What is the reason for double sleeving? This is the first I've heard of it outside of Penny sleeves in a toploader.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Critenstein View Post
    What is the reason for double sleeving? This is the first I've heard of it outside of Penny sleeves in a toploader.
    If a soda falls on it, you don't have to worry at all about the cards getting damaged at all, and as each set is only about 130 or so cards + OP, it's worth it for at least one copy of each, in my opinion. Especially because I smoke in my room around my cards, and I leave the cards out since I play online so I don't want them to get dirty.

    Even if the above paragraph wasn't true / didn't matter, I still like the feeling, and since the cards don't always come 100% flat, this helps with that. It also does keep out more dirt, dust, and air, helping them to last longer, and like I said, because there aren't too many cards per set as opposed to something like Magic the Gathering, it's not too much trouble to do, as compared to the benefit of making sure my personal collection is kept in perfect condition, forever. I might double sleeve a duplicate rare+, but otherwise my dupes are kept packed closely together.

    Anyway, it's nice to be able to pull out any card, and knowing that nobody, nor nothing, will ruin any of my cards, short of stomping on them after crumpling them up, or something.

    I've also found that I just like the feel of the cards better this way, and that they slide together more easily without getting stuck edge to edge or anything.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by SlapsterMcFlash View Post
    If a soda falls on it, you don't have to worry at all about the cards getting damaged at all, and as each set is only about 130 or so cards + OP, it's worth it for at least one copy of each, in my opinion. Especially because I smoke in my room around my cards, and I leave the cards out since I play online so I don't want them to get dirty.

    Even if the above paragraph wasn't true / didn't matter, I still like the feeling, and since the cards don't always come 100% flat, this helps with that. It also does keep out more dirt, dust, and air, helping them to last longer, and like I said, because there aren't too many cards per set as opposed to something like Magic the Gathering, it's not too much trouble to do, as compared to the benefit of making sure my personal collection is kept in perfect condition, forever. I might double sleeve a duplicate rare+, but otherwise my dupes are kept packed closely together.

    Anyway, it's nice to be able to pull out any card, and knowing that nobody, nor nothing, will ruin any of my cards, short of stomping on them after crumpling them up, or something.

    I've also found that I just like the feel of the cards better this way, and that they slide together more easily without getting stuck edge to edge or anything.
    Interesting. I only sleeve cards I use, as the rest are safely stored in containers on a shelf away from most harmful concerns. I tried to find a copy of a pic from an old Inqest magazing with a MTG card in a block of ice, or a block of clear epoxy, but I couldn't find them. I miss Inquest.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •