Thread: Article: TRP Podcast 57: AoU Review Part 2

Oh how much I can't wait to try out Wonder Man: Movie Star. Four of those sitting in the field, "Sure do damage to me, just go ahead, trigger his change to the good guys. Oh and don't worry about this Patch over here, I'm sure he's nothing..."

Quote Originally Posted by Steele View Post
    Oh how much I can't wait to try out Wonder Man: Movie Star. Four of those sitting in the field, "Sure do damage to me, just go ahead, trigger his change to the good guys. Oh and don't worry about this Patch over here, I'm sure he's nothing..."
    This right here is why at least some people are going to run Hawkeye - Formerly Ronin. The less than 11 life effects can be pretty incredible, so I'm sure that there's going to be a decent amount of teams built to use them. Having a countermeasure to keep your opponent around 13-15 health is going to be crucial against certain strategies.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromanticer View Post
    This right here is why at least some people are going to run Hawkeye - Formerly Ronin. The less than 11 life effects can be pretty incredible, so I'm sure that there's going to be a decent amount of teams built to use them. Having a countermeasure to keep your opponent around 13-15 health is going to be crucial against certain strategies.
    Good call! I was thinking right after I posted this, "I need a way to hurt myself at the right time so I don't have to rely on my opponent triggering this combo." Six more slots to fill...

Quote Originally Posted by Steele View Post
    Good call! I was thinking right after I posted this, "I need a way to hurt myself at the right time so I don't have to rely on my opponent triggering this combo." Six more slots to fill...
    Fireball + Silver Surfer Global. It'll hurt to take 4+ damage all at once, but if it can give you lethal, then it's more than worth it. The problem is, getting lower than 15 in the first place will put you in range of lethal single swing, so you have to be careful with how low you go in the first place. Also, be careful that you don't have any level 1 Wonder Men, or else you might knock them out on a fireball double burst.

Just a big heads up, the S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent - Need to Know Basis does not function as an Avengers/S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent version of Kang or Scarlet Witch. He specifies that you can reroll characters, not that you get an extra reroll in the Roll and Reroll step. This is just like the Magneto global in that it can target dice in your reserve pool, but it can also be used on characters that are in the field to either level them up/down without refielding or send them to your reserve pool as extra energy.

This is actually really strong since it allows you to bank characters in the field to roll later. It's a lot like Booster Gold's ability to add himself to the roll at the start of the turn, but it functions a bit differently. You do not have to refield character faces that were rolled since the dice don't go to the reserve pool unless they are rolled to energy. This makes him much stronger than Booster Gold, not least of all because of price, but also for the utility/energy gain when matched with multiple agents or certain Avengers (looking at level 1 Giant-Man).

Also, the defense bonus from the Helicarrier does not go away until damage clears. While you can only target a blocking character with that ability, the ability still ends at the end of the turn like every other ability. This means that you very well can protect an important character from being knocked out while blocking since the extra defense goes away at the same time damage clears. This doesn't make it much better, but it does function as more than just overcrush protection.

Quote Originally Posted by IgwanaRob View Post
    Shouldn't the title say Podcast 57?
    Fixed!