Thread: Field the Burn or Bolt From the Blue Light Special (Common Team)

Field the Burn or Bolt From the Blue Light Special (Common Team)

As the all common "Thrifty Shades of Gray" event approaches, I'm STILL not sure what team to use. I have created a team, however, that feels almost dirty but, if it works, will makes sure I gain the victory (and lose some friends):

http://dm.retrobox.eu/?view&cards=4x...ight%20Special

This team does not have an elegant strategy. At all. Buy Cheetah, field at least one each of the "Field the Burn" characters (Beetle for Cheetah, Torch for everyone, Not-Pyro for all characters), maybe pop Nova out at some point and MM Ping him for dice. Prismatic Spray to make PXG AWOL for my opponent if needed.

While not as insidious as AiA, I feel that it is going to be a frustrating team to play against in an commons-only format. So, I've narrowed it down to three teams for Saturday's event: Patriotic Lizards, Minimum Wage Masks, and this one.

Good team. If you have Pandora Box or industrialist then use that to turn your guys into villains for blue beetle.

You can't target them to make them villains until they have been fielded. AFAIK the only exception to this, can't target until fielded rule is the Magneto Global that rerolls villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    You can't target them to make them villains until they have been fielded. AFAIK the only exception to this, can't target until fielded rule is the Magneto Global that rerolls villains.
    I'm pretty sure he is right. Also, Pandora's Box isn't common, and Iron Man isn't a bolt (yet).

Include at least one cheap character of a different energy type so your purchases don't get screwed by poor rolls, other than that it looks good. Common ant man might be nice as he has great stats for a 2 cost