Thread: Article: Spoilers: The Amazing Spider-Man

Article: Spoilers: The Amazing Spider-Man

Quote Originally Posted by Clonedpoop View Post
    b: hobgoblin
    Q: steel spider?
    Here's the thing, we have three characters from AvX that are re-using their die symbols (Ghost Rider, Doc Ock, and Venom). So I strongly suspect if we have a Green Goblin, he'd also have the same symbol.

We also have aa above, which is a grinning pumpkin in purple and orange. I'm pretty sure that one would be the Hobgoblin. Maybe Demogolbin?

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    Here's the thing, we have three characters from AvX that are re-using their die symbols (Ghost Rider, Doc Ock, and Venom). So I strongly suspect if we have a Green Goblin, he'd also have the same symbol.

We also have aa above, which is a grinning pumpkin in purple and orange. I'm pretty sure that one would be the Hobgoblin. Maybe Demogolbin?

Jack O'Lanturn is an actual person/villain, I've only seen him as a Spider-man villian but who knows. He's basically another hobgoblin and has sometimes used stolen goblin tech and sometimes he's just really ridiculous.

I also hope they re-use some of the old dice. It makes is easier for people (like me) who don't buy a lot or fill out their sets.

Quote Originally Posted by ToaEmpoleon View Post
    Jack O'Lanturn is an actual person/villain, I've only seen him as a Spider-man villian but who knows. He's basically another hobgoblin and has sometimes used stolen goblin tech and sometimes he's just really ridiculous.

I also hope they re-use some of the old dice. It makes is easier for people (like me) who don't buy a lot or fill out their sets.
    Good call! Editing post now.

hh is likely Daredevil. Surprised we haven't seen Iron Fist or Cage. Will look back through to 2xcheck.

Also, bb and S are the same, Sandman for sure.

I would also argue that dd is Dagger, and the Cross is actually Mobius, or some other holy crusader character... Blade? OH, Blade is probably the crossed Blades that are x and cc.

The Red and Yellow triangle (J) is Gladiator, from the X-universe... also the Gladiator that is a Zombie in AoU.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    hh is likely Daredevil. Surprised we haven't seen Iron Fist or Cage. Will look back through to 2xcheck.

Also, bb and S are the same, Sandman for sure.
    Agree on Daredevil after looking at his die image from AoU.

Disagree that bb and s are the same. s looks pretty clearly like a person riding on something, the person is bent at an angle or something. bb looks like a square with part of the middle removed almost in an hourglass pattern.

Realized you said S, not s. Still disagree. S is definitely Venom's die from AvX with the colors inverted. bb is a square with part in the middle missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    The Red and Yellow triangle (J) is Gladiator, from the X-universe... also the Gladiator that is a Zombie in AoU.

Definitely his logo...but it's odd they would change the die face so drastically.

I see no Kraven where the hell is Kraven WK??

Quote Originally Posted by alleyviper View Post
    I see no Kraven where the hell is Kraven WK??
    We still don't know what U is...

PK, I meant to say s, and the reason I said that was because I thought the "guy riding on stuff" was more Sandman than the one already labled Sandman. On top of that, my Gamma isn't up that high so I couldn't realize what the actual image was at bb. I agree with you, hourglass shape, which leads more toward a Black widow or something than Sandman himself.

Doing more research, I'm willing to bet there will be a Spirits of Vengance Subtheme in this set, so we should look for Morbius, Blade, Ghost Rider and Blaze, as well as a possible new Strange. I'm REALLY surprised that Cage and Iron Fist aren't in the set yet, mostly because they are in both the current spider man animated series and they have their own Netflix series dropping soon.

if it's not Sandman Isaac, I'd bet cash money it would be Whirlwind instead.

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post

Definitely his logo...but it's odd they would change the die face so drastically.
    They may have changed it because you can have both the zombie version and non-zombie version on a team. Unless I misinterpreted the "knock out all non-zombie gladiator" part.

And I think S, the one that's riding something might be a new ice man die. Ice man does have a lot of history with spider-man so it would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    Q could be the current Spider-Girl.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spider-Girl_(Anya)_1cover.jpg 
Views:	447 
Size:	126.1 KB 
ID:	1662

i think dd is the already confirmed Blink

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blink_Pin_Up_by_DaveBullock.jpg 
Views:	445 
Size:	152.1 KB 
ID:	1663
    Yeah, DD is Blink and the cross is Dagger. I knew that icon looked familiar, just thought it was Dagger's ... daggers.

As for the Iceman theory, I won't be convinced until we see a Sandman card that it's not Sandman or Whirlwind after that. Whirlwind is a Very common Spider Rogue.

Has anyone else been staring at U all day trying to figure it out? He looks hooded, glasses and maybe a quill of arrows behind him?

yeah, I see the same thing.
    I keep trying to convince myself that it is Iron Fist and that the die is his Dragon, but I also can't stop thinking it is an archer.

I wonder if they will deviate at all from the set's focus mirroring the HeroClix previous release of a set with the same name. I would love to start to see Dice Masters break free from HeroClix in the minds of WizKids. There is so much more potential now with the Chase Rares being introduced into the coming Dice Masters Age of Ultron set. I imagine that many people who love to see more Marvel Zombies however I would love them to take another piece of story arch for the Chase Rares of this set. (Maybe the Spider-Verse event?)

The appearance of Mary Jane on the box ensures the continuation of supporting characters being Rolled into the game is an element that seems interesting. Since Pepper in Age of Ultron is very viable, I am very surprised that they did not introduce a keyword for characters that cannot attack.

GenCon is soon enough for more potential spoilers!