Thread: Age of ultron what are you excited for the most?

Age of ultron what are you excited for the most?

With age of ultron right around the corner was just wondering what new characters are you looking forward to the most for whatever reason that me be playability or just the character itself

I personally want all the thanos (love playing villains and one of my fav characters) and Red Skulls (same reason)

also wouldn't mind getting the zombies even though a few kind of stink still loved the books thought it was a fun story and well done and zombie villains whats not to love

I am looking forward to playing with Giant-Man the most. So much fun potential. Also Groot and Rocket. Love the Guardians, and I think they will be fun to run on a team together.
    The Zombie series was pretty good, the first few then it got a bit off as they kept doing more with it-but yes, I would love to see some more Zombies in the future

Yeah the zombie ran its course after so long after the first four id say then it went down hill honestly didn't really like the army of darkness angle but in its prime it was great

2 cost bolt characters that aren't terrible! Multiple of them! To go with Johnny Storm. My all-bolt team will be one step closer.

Rare Baron Zemo seems like such a fun card. Its not the best of the set but the one I'm looking forward to getting the most casual fun out of.

I'm most excited to open a ton of packs knowing I'll actually need most of the characters for a change

oh I forgot to mention ultron drone If I can get a 2 cost villain that's not black manta Im going to use the heck out of it
    so many villain options cant wait

Ultron drones, Ultron, Jocasta, Wasp, THE FULL ART ZOMBIES. I'm very excited for the set to come out and am looking forward to sealed, draft and constructed play for age of ultron.

I'm brainstorming an Iron Man/ War Machine team by reach back and pulling out some AVX stuff in combo with the SHIELD characters and Pepper. It is going to be super cheap to buy and field. Can't wait!

I am interested in Ultron Drone Swarm teams, and a way to round out an all villains punishment team.

Ooh I almost forgot to mention shield agents and guardians of the galaxy! Such a good set to look forward to playing with. And thanos!

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacBV View Post
    I am looking forward to playing with Giant-Man the most. So much fun potential. Also Groot and Rocket. Love the Guardians, and I think they will be fun to run on a team together.
    The Zombie series was pretty good, the first few then it got a bit off as they kept doing more with it-but yes, I would love to see some more Zombies in the future
    You're the only one who gets it. Giant Man is a beast, and he is going to squash teams. When everyone learns the truth, you and I will be standing there smug, because we knew all along.

Giant Man Giant Fans.

@RJRETRO #GiantManfanclub
    Last edited by IsaacBV; 07-04-2015 at 05:57 PM.

So...this thread has been up for a few days now, and I've seen it several times in my visits to the forums, but I have never been motivated to write a response until now. I think that in itself is somewhat telling for me, because I am fairly active in the forums. There isn't anything that has really gripped me in this set as the new thing that I am really excited about. I'm excited for a new set in general, and some new mechanics to try out...but no specific card or element of the AOU set has really got me going.

Not sure if this is the case for anyone else...but it feels like this set may be missing "The Hook"...you know...the big thing that the whole community will be talking about.

- AVX was first, and it had Gobby, Tsaria, Beast, Storm, Hulk...etc. Nuff Said...
    - UXM doesn't seem to have any real valuable cards based on rarity, but PXG undoubtedly changed the game, and Psylocke, Iceman were welcome additions as well
    - YGO, while I don't play it myself, it has seemed to developed some staying power with BEWD, Lord of D, Ring, & DCK.
    - BFF was just epic and a great self contained set...but also brought us prismatic spray and the ever tempting Dragons (I also believe Elf Wizard is under utilized in the Unlimited Meta).
    - JUL had Constantine, which got everyone excited out of the gate. Retaliation is also a cool mechanic that has seen a lot of play too.

What is "The Hook" for AOU? Is it Magneto Zombie? Maybe...I'm not sure. For me, it either doesn't exist, or it hasn't been identified yet. Time will tell

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    Guardians Of The Galaxy teams.
    I am Groot.

Quote Originally Posted by Meatman View Post
    So...this thread has been up for a few days now, and I've seen it several times in my visits to the forums, but I have never been motivated to write a response until now. I think that in itself is somewhat telling for me, because I am fairly active in the forums. There isn't anything that has really gripped me in this set as the new thing that I am really excited about. I'm excited for a new set in general, and some new mechanics to try out...but no specific card or element of the AOU set has really got me going.

Not sure if this is the case for anyone else...but it feels like this set may be missing "The Hook"...you know...the big thing that the whole community will be talking about.

- AVX was first, and it had Gobby, Tsaria, Beast, Storm, Hulk...etc. Nuff Said...
    - UXM doesn't seem to have any real valuable cards based on rarity, but PXG undoubtedly changed the game, and Psylocke, Iceman were welcome additions as well
    - YGO, while I don't play it myself, it has seemed to developed some staying power with BEWD, Lord of D, Ring, & DCK.
    - BFF was just epic and a great self contained set...but also brought us prismatic spray and the ever tempting Dragons (I also believe Elf Wizard is under utilized in the Unlimited Meta).
    - JUL had Constantine, which got everyone excited out of the gate. Retaliation is also a cool mechanic that has seen a lot of play too.

What is "The Hook" for AOU? Is it Magneto Zombie? Maybe...I'm not sure. For me, it either doesn't exist, or it hasn't been identified yet. Time will tell
    Wasp, maybe?

Opening 180 packs in one sitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Meatman View Post

Cost 3 Giant Man, Wasp, Ultron Drone, Maria Hill, a cost 3 Iron Man, and for many the cost 2 Overcrush.

Quote Originally Posted by bahamut7 View Post
    Cost 3 Giant Man, Wasp, Ultron Drone, Maria Hill, a cost 3 Iron Man, and for many the cost 2 Overcrush.
    Some good suggestions there. All good cards which I'm sure will be fun, but are they "The Hook"...not sure.

To answer my own question a bit...the BAC Infiltrate seems interesting to me. To be able to give any character any affiliation could be very useful. Not sure this is "The Hook" either, but I see some potential there.

I'm most excited about having a way to give a character an affiliation. Combine this with some Teamwatch, and I'm hoping for some interesting outcomes.

Quote Originally Posted by varthanna View Post
    2 cost bolt characters that aren't terrible! Multiple of them! To go with Johnny Storm. My all-bolt team will be one step closer.
    All Bolt team? I know only one bolt...

Name:  Bolt.png
Views: 139
Size:  123.5 KB